Sorry for not posting yesterday... I'd say I had an excuse, but I really don't have one. I'd say I was studying, which I should have been, but I wasn't. What was I doing? Nothing. Nothing at all. It is quite sickening to see how easy it is sometimes to waste a day, week, month, or hell, even a lifetime. I don't think I've gone that far, but I can see how some people do it.
"Rant: Part Un"
Know the phrase, stuck in a rut? You know, when you are caught in something you can't get out of, or simply don't try. I've definetely hit a rut. Just like Bono sings in Stuck in a Moment, "You've got to get yourself together / You got stuck in a moment, / And now you can't get out of it. / Don't say that later will be better, Cuz your stuck in a moment, And you can't get out of it." Maybe it is just me, but university in some ways has totally rid me of all my get up and go. I guess that's not completely true, but in some respects it is. Everyone says this, but I swear it is true, I do way less work and study then I ever did. Do I do it on purpose? No, I don't think so. I think it is the lackluster environment so often displayed at the university. Why study? Why go to class? One can simply sit around couches and play cards all day. There is even a pub that opens at 11, just when I have a class I hate... go figure :) It is soooooo easy to get caught into this type of lifestyle.
I think they should teach you about future environments and situations in school as much as what is the derivative of x2 [which is 2x to anyone who doesn't know basic calculas]. Think of it? How much do we learn about relationships, sex, violence, or racism in school? I think kids learn more from it through experience and the internet...sadly enough. I don't think this is completely wrong, but it definetely isn't the best way. For instance, I went to a Catholic school, and therefore had religion class. I think most of my friends and family would say I'm a religious guy, so religion class was easy/interesting for me. But the truth of the matter is that it was the biggest crop of crap class around. You would do some quizzes on memorizing random apostles and bible quotes, and learn nothing practical. Maybe it is because I volunteer with a youth group, but I can see how much of a necessity it is to teach kids about religion, faith, and just plain old life. Memorizing the bible is not bad, but more needs to be done. I'll continue this later...there's hockey on.
"Rant: Part Deux" in 10 minutes or so.
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home