My Mission Statement
So, people say it is good to have one of these... I have had a couple. But this is my most recent one I did when I took those youngins up to the leadership camp. Have a read... or not... whatever... they recommend sharing it, for some weird psychological reasons I don't really get... steph or cara might understand why. Anywho, here it is... I thought the photo was somewhat relevant as quite often we have our moments when it seems everyone is out to destroy, belittle, critique, or mock us. The point is, we must carry on. MARCH ON I SAY! MARCH ON!
My Mission Statement:
I, like Jerry McGuire, could find it easy at first to say I hate who I am. But like Jerry, I realize this isn?t true. I simply do not like where I am right now, not with who I am. I want to do so much more.
I?ve sometimes forgotten who I really am, and get caught up trying to be this person I think others think I am. What absurdity. As the big guy once said, ?I am who am?. Otherwise meaning to me, I am who I am, and there?s no way around it. If someone is upset or gets bent out of shape about who I am and what I do, they can take a number and wait in line to file their grievance. Life isn?t worth wasting worrying about others opinions.
It is time to live my life, the way I want to, I need to, and God planned me to. All this time-wasting and superficial ?petty? troubles are nothing compared to the challenges and adventures God has planned for me. This does not mean I must avoid these problems or people, but must be proactive in my approach in dealing with them.
I want to be happy. I want to enjoy helping others by making them laugh when they need to laugh, cry on my shoulder when they need to cry, and listen to them when it is their turn to speak.
My gifts are God?s gifts. I am so blessed to have been given what I have been given. It is my goal, no, my duty, to share my gifts from God to God?s children. Especially in need of my love are the youth without a voice, or those who are too scared to become what they were meant to be.
My joy is seeing others joyous. My smile is the smile of others. My sadness is the sadness in my friend?s heart. My love is the love of God present in my family. I must never forget that, I must never loose that.
I want to die they way I tried to live, with a content heart and a smile on my face.
-CIG
1 Comments:
Wow! I haven't done a mission statement since... grade 9 I think. And It was one of those dumb "I'm a daughter/student/sister" things. It's admirable that you have one, and it's not about dumb stuff either. I think they suggest that you share it just to get it out there, so that it's less of a personal thing you can hide or change if it goes wrong. I've been thinking lately about what I want to accomplish with my life, and this makes me feel like I'm not the only one in this place right now :-) .
Post a Comment
<< Home