Monday, November 22, 2004

Nothing left to do but retreat....

Time for God
So yeah, been gone since Friday on a Senior High School Retreat out in the boonies north of cochrane at Camp Chamisall. It was tons of fun along with being fulfilling and educational. The theme was "God Lives in My WHAT?" The answer we came up with is everywhere! In our hearts, mind, body, soul... I guess I always knew this, but its a comforting thought to focus on when you loose touch once and awhile. I don't think my talk was as good as it could have been, but it'll do I guess. Hopefully they got something useful outta it to bring back with them. I guess I suceeded in that case. I don't know, I usually feel comfortable with my topic, but I had a hard time expressing what was in my head. Kinda ironic considering it was about God living in our minds... heh... I had a bit of a blonde weekend when it came to brain function. But Michelle and I lead some sweetass Aerobic routines which was funny. I never knew how tired that crap is. It was sweet I was Hal Johnson from Body Break (basics?? I can't remember) and it was all about particapaction! Well... kids had fun, I did, I guess it was good times then... Oh, one other thing. I was super happy to have Fr. Steve be there for Confession. I hadn't gone in a little while, and it was just what I needed. People might find it awkward, but I enjoy it so much. You give all your sin or weight and stresss to God, and come out freshened and empowered to do what needs to be done. The idea of writing stuff down and bringing it in was really cool too... In other quirky news ... Fr. Steve is married... I guess that's because if I heard the story right he was an Anglican Minister who converted ?!?!? or something like that. Anywho he was married so I guess its ok in that instance. I'm not sure how accepted that is, but he was really cool. Different, but cool. Yes I know, I think some Priests are cool... [insert dumb joke here]. Moving on to other things less retreat like...

Titles
Yes Ryan, I stole your titles in spirit, but not physically. What can I say, my blog feels organized now! Its crazy! Deal with it. NEXT!

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
This is U2's new albumn that comes out on Tuesday for those living on Mars or too busy to know what really matters... :P I listened to it streamed on MTV... then I recorded it and downloaded it. Its awesome. Biased aside (and trust me, there's alot of it), this is one of their best albumns in quite awhile... and they haven't had really a bad one (pop and zooropa were experiments... cool one's in my opinion). I look at every track as a hit, let alone a top 40 single. Vertigo is good, it grows on me, but as cool as the iPod ad is, I'm starting to hate it simply because I'm hearing the song too much now. Never thought I'd say that, but I just did. Too much of a good thing I guess. My favourite right now is City of Blinding Lights - kinda post 911 loss of innocence and stuff, or Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - a rock ballad in remembrance of Bono's father who passed away a coupla years ago. Anywho, go download, stream it, or buy it. Its awesome. Take my word for it. In other U2 news, they rocked out on SNL I hear. 3 songs is quite rare, and Bono was just starting "all because of you" - a 4th song - right when the credits ended! That's crazy. Hopefully they'll reshow it.

Fight Club
Holy moly that brawl in Detroit was crazy. I know the pacers and pistons are rivals. I know things were heated... but damn! That's nuts. Artest, Jackson, and Oneal didn't just throw punches at some of the fans, they basically force fed them the knuckle sandwhich. Crazy. O'Neals is impressive simply because he is sliding into it. Great technique... heh... nuts. The suspensions are crazy harsh... especially considering how goofy artest is but he is undeniably talented and the lifeblood of that team along with O'Neal. 25 games for Jermaine is tough tough tough. Ouch. The Raptors chances in the East just got that much better. Carter better get his butt in gear or trade him... moping won't do any good. He simply is in a cold streak... shoot your way out or shutup I say. I'm angry the rumours have Rose... I felt he was a strong leader for this team and provided veteran leadership. I'd hate to see him go. But more time for Bosh and Lamond Murray is good too. Skip to my Lou has looked just as good as I thought he could be. I see the raps finishing 5 in the east... you can always dream....

Signing Off
I really think we should start a new news station. SNN is the future! Superbrothers News Network. We'll run all over Lou Dobbs, Carver, Brown and Friends at CNN before they know what has happened. Anywho... My hand is tired and I'm crazy sleepy... so nighty night and don't let those bed bugs bite... I'm Colm Leyne, goodnight!

-CIG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home