Monday, April 28, 2003
"Rant: Part Deux"
I wonder why sometimes some of my friendships have screwed up, or faded apart. Sure I learn from experience, and try to correct my thoughts and actions for the future. But wouldn't it have been better not to have screwed up in the first place? Learning from mistakes is good and important, but my question is, why learn from them when we could realistically avoid them? For example, I help run a youth night for Jr. High kids, and one day after a retreat we went back to the city for mass and dinner. When my sister was there to pick me up, I was glad to see her, so I gave her a hug. No big deal right? But then the next week one of the kids comes and asks me who my girlfriend is. I'm like, "what are you talking about, I don't have one". He then says yes I do, since he saw me hug some girl after the retreat. It boggles my mind that I had to explain to a 14 year old that it is ok to hug people, to show love and friendship, without being "boyfriend" and "girlfriend". This idea of characterizing every action with meaning and grouping people is retarded. Was this kid going to think that whenever someone was hugging him, they wanted to go out with him? What the hell did he think when I hugged him at the retreat! ack! I'M NOT GAY!!! You see, there are definite issues that need to be addressed in today's world.
I don't have all the answers, but I'm willing to give a few of my ideas a shot, instead of letting all this shit go by and not try to fix it. I rather and fail while trying, then not trying at all. People are like, "how has the world become so screwed up?" There is no one simple answer, but pondering the answer and then not trying to actively answer it is just as much of a problem as the question itself. The world requires action. I'm suppose to believe in two types of sin. Sins of comission and omission. Comission is like beating up a kid, or stealing a fancy MP3 player. Your actions were wrong, and you knew it. Omission is, as you probably guessed, the opposite. They are sins because we did not act when we should of. Not helping the kid being beaten up, or not stopping someone from stealing from that electronics store. Too often we look at what people do wrong, and not at what people do not do. Apathy is just as bad as hatred.
Well, that's all I have to say about that. Hopefully someone other than myself will read this, and on top of it, understand what I'm saying. If not, well thx for at least trying to read and understand it. My mind works in mysterious ways sometimes, I can't help it. Sorry all.
Till next time.
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home