Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Operation: Enlightenment...

I thought it was time I enlighten some of you on certain things if you didn't already know...

1. U2 rocks, and forever shall rock.
We pretty much all know this. I just felt like restating it with the release of their new albumn. By the way, it rocks more and more the more I listen to it. Classic. Any band that can on a whim rent a 48 foot flatbed truck and drive around times square doing a video and doing santa claus is coming to town is cool by me. Let alone a free concert underneath Brooklyn Bridge. That woulda been crazy to be at... anywho, to actually enlightenment we go.

2. City People are smart... and I don't me SMRT smart!
Ryan, the reason rural always vote conservative is simple. They're stupid. I'm sorry for not being politically correct or anything, but by and large that sums the situation up quite nicely. The issues for rural voters is basic, compensation when times are bad, and don't take my fucking money when times are worse. For farmers, ranchers, and oil rig guys, they like their money and their hardearned money in their pockets. Why invest in a hospital? Hell, if you get run over by a tractor, you're a good hour away from the closest thing to a hospital. Basically, you'd be screwed. So why invest in healthcare? All those home remedies work well enough, and if one leg works you're better than that guy in the wheelchair. Ouch. The fact is, all Klein and his cronies have to say to keep them simple is a few basic things that any idiot would like. Lower taxes, free border for beef, and subsidies to developing the tar sands and oil extraction in northern alberta. A city guy on the other hand wants a hospital, because the chances of him getting, knifed, shot, mugged, raped, and or hit by said tractor (SUVs in town) are much higher. Secondly, people in cities feel the effect of cutbacks to social programs like education. In rural areas, they need to keep the 1 school open anyways, so people know the cutbacks won't affect them. Where or where be those cutbacks? Forest Lawn, inner city, old suburbs. A max class of students in st. paul, alberta is 15 kids for a grade. Not 35 for a class. Different perspective. That is how the Liberals, NDP and friends at least get votes, let alone some seats. The fact is rural people quite often have something to loose, and city people to gain. Interest. Lobby groups run this world, and the farmers and their cows have pretty good one's sadly. And the only reason the city still seems to be conservative is some of those rich ranchers move into town to oversee things. I hate ranchers. Vive le Revolution! Ok, that is basically all I wanted to say here... moving on...

3. Pray is powerful, and so I ask for you to pray...
This is kinda serious. Kinda private, but I could use your prayers and I'm confident you can respect the issue. I think my brother is sick. I don't know how bad, but it doesn't seem good either. He's noticed he's developed some bulges of skin for lack of a better description in a few spots. one in the ear the doc didn't worry about, but he had one in the side of his leg for awhile kinda like a bruise or when something is out of joint. But I guess it never hurt of anything, but what freaked my bro out recently is it musta gotten bigger over a short period of time. Takes a lot to make Eamonn go to the doc. He's getting scheduled for some tests to try to figure out what it is. Hopefully its nothing, but I think I'm naive to think its nothing. Hopefully a growth or something that can be treated.... nevertheless, if you could maybe say a prayer and keep my brother in your thoughts I'd appreciate it. I've seen the power of pray do wonderful things. Hopefully in this case it may stop something from potentially happening. Again, hopefully your prayers won't be needed, but I'd like to tend on the safe side. He seemed a little freaked out, which freaked my mom out, which in turn has done to me. God willing, he'll be fine. So if I'm a little distracted or something for the next while till this figures itself out, you'll know why. Thx for the prayers....

-CIG


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home