Monday, June 09, 2003

Dammit.

See, I remembered! I can't remember everything I had written, but I'll try cover it all in this one. Luckily there was some cake left, so maybe that will help me. So, The Mighty Ducks lost to The Devils in Game 7. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed. I guess I just take my sports seriously. I really thought they might pull it through. Oh well, a good effort by all, considering I didn't really like either of the two teams that much compared to the Habs, Sens, Leafs, and yeah, the Western Canadian teams too! I guess I'm a little bitter, but not as much as last year when the Habs blew it in the playoffs... that one still hurts a bit. Or maybe the real reason I'm bummed out about the loss is that I lost my bet with my economics professor. I really don't want to pay him the hefty price of $1.5 in front of the class tomorrow. But what can you do? Nothing...

Funny, I used to get super bitter, angry, and sometimes violent when I lost at something. I guess that would classify me as a SORE loser. Hey Amanda, I think I got the right sore this time. I'm quite proud of myself... moving on! The point is I find I'm not that sore of a loser anymore. I wonder why. Maybe it is because I never win, so I got used to losing...but I don't think so, I still win at some stuff. I think it is because I have adopted the technique of listening to mellow music when I feel those rushes of bitterness and anger coming after a lost. I especially like using Enya and Coldplay. Man, it is crazy hard to be pissed off at something in the world while listening to Coldplay. Try it next time, I find The Scientist works really well for me. I guess I found it resounds in my mind as I can relate to the lyrics easily. But whatever works for you. I know my stuffed blind leprechaun [Paddy] appreciates the effort I go through nowadays to restrain my temper after losing at something. I'm gonna continue this, but I want to make sure it posts right first...

-CIG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home