Sunday, May 29, 2005

I'm a tomato....

I forgot that whitey irishmen like me don't tan, we burn like mosquito spray!

So I've slept all of 5 hours over the last 3 or 4 days. That's sweet, in that kinda fake sugar kind of way. I guess volunteering to bbq at the KofC garage sale all day yesterday and then work then go on a 6.5 km procession in the NW today for Corpus Christi didn't really help. Not that I'm bitter. The bbq went well I think, and it was beautiful out and a fun time. So was today. But I forgot to put lotion on my neck and ears yesterday so now I'm officially a true redneck. Its totally awesome. An instant farmer's tan. Just what I wanted... yippi.... There was a good turn out for the procession and I got to hang out with some of the folk going to WYD that I hadn't gotten to talk to in a long time. Its nice to kinda rebond and get together more often before germany so we can all have a good time. We also realized that the german's will organize & run lines much more effectively then they did today. Today was fun, but a bit of a mess at times. Like getting there for example. We were looking for another church first to drop off cars and happened to find the other church where everyone was. I got flack for being a bad navigator but was exonerated later when we discovered a senile old lady with 12 cats wrote the directions... what a relief!

What else is new?

Nothing really. Well, I guess that's not totally true. Rich/Rick/Guy who isn't even done his 3 month probationary period as a bartender/ was made GM at our bar. Usually this would be grounds to annoy me. But in fact I'm pleased with this. He now only bartends mondays and tuesdays, leaving me down bar fri & sat which is sweet (or whatever one I want because I rule and have ultimate veto). Also he is good enough of a guy and I get along with him. Moreover he actually seems bent on being a good manager (ie. doing something to improve the work scene). So that's like cool. And I think for whatever reason he kinda fears me as a "power broker" of sorts at the bar because I'm friends with everyone and I guess I have some clout and power if I wished to use it. Which I don't. But having the GM treat me like I might is kinda cool... its basically not important, its just that little extra spring in your step I guess. Whatever. And he's gonna fire some of the idiots and keep the hotties, and bring in a coupla more which I've previewed. Nothing wrong with some eye candy! Ahhhhh jeah! So adam, odds are you could be up or down and still get a hot brunette serving you. And by a hot brunette I mean - not me.

I'd talk about music...

But ryan and tay have kinda taken that over recently with their mass amount of reviews so I won't bother. Hmmm, I'll hafta check some of that stuff out though. Oh one thing! Am I the only one that doesn't completely love plantlife? The beat and bass is awesome, which really is all you care about with funk, but it kinda annoys me that the singing sounds all like ripped off Outcast Songs and totally unoriginal lyrics. However, that annoyance aside, its still pretty funkadelic.

Oh, and me three to the new Gorillaz, its awesome. I mean with all the cowaboration how could it not?

The torrent of the internet...

So I learned what the dealio is with bit torrent. So that's like cool. Now I can download simpson's episodes and oc episodes to my hearts content. But more importantly, even more concerts to fill my ipod! I love live music... now I need to find a way to convert these ridiculously high quality recordings into mp3. 3 gigs of music for 3 concerts is a little much thx. Anywho this is my new time wasting mechanism. Sweet.

Lastly

Maire and Derek in Boston seem to have come to a verbal agreement with the owner of the following house to sell it to them.






That's awesome. Its kinda old and needs a paint job, but the inside is suppose to be nice and the lot is massive! And it has a pool which is cool for when I visit. Moreover, now that that is out of the way, they're coming home for 2 weeks in july for their anniversary and stampede. It'll be cool to see them after almost a year before I head off to Europe. I'm pretty stoked. I'm sure camping is on the list of things to do as well. Oh that reminds me... I need to buy a tent... somehow I think the old one is in need of "retirement".

So that's all folks, and remember, don't get crushed by 3 feet of snow when you camp! It just isn't cool, no matter what all those kids say...

-CIG

2 Comments:

At 7:15 a.m., Blogger Tay said...

That house sure is purdy. Oh, and for torrents be sure to check out torrentreactor.net. It's got tons of shows and stuff.

 
At 4:05 p.m., Blogger Cara-bellum said...

Man, that's a nice-lookin' yard.

What, you didn't like the almost-getting-killed and the head-to-toe, toe-to-head, and the aaawwwwwkwwwaarrrd?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home