Monday, March 28, 2005

Colm's Post Easter Holidays But Still Weekly Soapbox Message

Easter Recap

First off an apology. I didn't post saturday. I was fairly busy this weekend being easter and all. To boot my mom's back is out, so lucky me had to pick up the chores and help my dad survive! Anywho, I had a kinda guy's version of easter dinner: steak/potatotes/beer. Hey, we males best know how to use the bbq, so you go with what works. It was good. Watch some bball with my bro and dad, the games this weekend were amazing! Anywho, I figured a fairly no technology kind of weekend and kept it simple. Relatively. I even managed to bake my own croissants on friday night. I was tres impressed with myself. Other than that, a fairly normal if not low key easter. Didn't make it to Holy Thursday, but helped out with the Stations of the Cross which I thought went very well. Skipped the vigil as I felt kinda shitty saturday. No chocolate bunny this year. It is all about buying chocolate today and tomorrow when its dirt cheep. Although, I did treat myself to a good stash of mini eggs.... yummy.

40

Many good or important things relate to this number. A big flood, lent, Jesus chilin with the Devil in a desert, and numerous other biblical references. To boot, there's some good songs with the number 40, specifically U2's "40" and now the rocking Franz Ferdinand's 40.

Now I have another thing to add. 40 days to change your life. Or that's what they say. I found this book in my room that I forgot to read called "the purpose driven life". Its quite famous by now and many of you might have heard of it. Anywho, I saw an interview with Rick Warren (the author) on Larry King Live (best show on tv), and it kinda gave me the urge to read it. So, it says that readings a chapter a day for 40 days can change your life, or help you figure out your life or something Dr. Phil like.

Well, we're giving it a go. I'm on day 2 right now. We will see where this goes. Maybe it'll do nothing, maybe I'll get something outta it. Maybe I'll stop reading it tomorrow, but I doubt it. My plan is to document these 40 days and what I've learned, if anything. If nothing else, it'll give me more reason to post. Well, that's all I have to say about that.

Music

Joel Plaskett. He's playing in town next saturday I think. He's from halifax. He's good. My brother is a huge fan, cuz he asks me every time I see him if I'm coming. "No eamonn, I work, I've worked almost every saturday pratically since I was born. No, I'm not about to call in sick. I'd get fired. Its not like its wednesday or something..." So, yeah, listen to more Joel Plaskett and don't ask me to go to his concert, cuz I can't.

Hitmen

They play tomorrow and thursday. If anyone wants to hit up one of their games, give me a shout (no pun intended). Later

-CIG

2 Comments:

At 8:15 p.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

That sucks. Joel Plaskett used to be the lead singer for Thrush Hermit who were the pwnage. I'm not a big a fan of his solo stuff, but it's still good tines. You should come to the concert.

 
At 3:03 p.m., Blogger The Irishman said...

screw you!

and isn't there some fancy word in effect concerning "pwnage"

tisk tisk...

-mloc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home