Thursday, February 24, 2005

Kyle's Mom is a Big Fat ....

Now that I've pissed kyle off and gotten your attention let me state the following. First off, this is a reply to Kyle's post on Ryan's blog.

Kyle's Mom
Second, Kyle's mom isn't as cartmen would believe, but is actually one of the nicest people I've ever met. Its called a hook.

Not a debate... but a clarification

Thirdly, this isn't to prove what Kyle said was wrong and show he's an ass. Frankly, I think most of what he said is right. The problem I think is that Kyle, and maybe others, massively misunderstood what I was trying to portray in my last post. Ill communication, my bad.

Kyle's mom is nice, but kyle...

And finally, I've known Kyle since grade 1, where we'd have competitions over retarded things such as speed reading, and how long it'll take before he falls off his chair everyday without fail. As I said earlier, this isn't to make Kyle look like an ass, because by nature he's a smartass. :P I can vouch for that from the daily punch to the shoulder I got for saying something retarded. It was tradition. I think that is part of his character, and kinda wouldn't want him to change... it wouldn't be the same. In all seriousness, I respect the dude cuz he's one of the smarter people I know, and although we disagree on a few issues, it won't stop us from sharing a couple of beers from time to time. This leads me to the point that I'm very happy kyle wrote what he wrote. One might say even estatic. Although some points I disagree with (ie. most stuff concerning GOD), most of what he said is in fact similar to what I believe, just I didn't outright call myself a pussy... something about leaving myself a shred of self respect came to mind... anywho, on to the meat of the sandwhich.

I think you only read half my post...

I can't be certain, but its almost like you ignored the part after "but at least I admit it". Maybe I didn't make it clear enough for people that I was making a simple point. I'm not all depressed or about tearing my self confidence to shreds. Actually, I think I'm one of the more self confident people I know. The idea of that paragraph or two being hard on myself was to counter the truth.... I'm NOT hard on myself. That kinda was the brunt of my message. That seems to have been lost in translations so I'll spell it out for ya. We can find all these things wrong with us if we want to, but they aren't productive, they aren't worthwhile... it is a big ass waste of time. The point is to accept your flaws if you have them, and live life as full as you can and as well as you can, no regrets. If this means by living life according to a religion, such as myself fine. If it means living life according to your own personal beliefs. Fine. The fact is in either case, most of us come to the same basic beliefs on many issues. I don't have regrets. Sorry if I made it appear that way.

Sorry to say... no intolerate religious aliens brainwashed me... shucks!

"Colm is a pussy: I don't hold even a little bit with this bullshit about self-deprecation. Just because you've been brainwashed by the imposed morals of a deeply flawed society, doesn't make you lazy, immature, or without substance in the least"

Sorry to say Kyle, but I'm completely on your side when it comes to this. I agree whole heartedly. Except, on that being a pussy thing... I'll let that slide... Firstly, I'm my own free mind, no one brainwashed me, I'm not mormon or anything. Second, I would disagree that the morals I have if imposed, which they aren't, are from a deeply flawed society. Simply because I think most of my morals are abnormal in today's society, which is deeply flawed. One might say I'm a bit old school in this regard. Thirdly, I too am not all about self - deprecation, I just used it to prove a point. It doesn't do any good, and it only pisses off Scotsmen who then go and rant and punch people in the shoulder. This leads me to another point... relax... I'm Irish, sarcasm is our official language for crying out loud.

"I know everyone who knows Colm, or even has randomly run into his blog on a boring workday, thinks that he's anything less than a person of indelible character and integrity, who has never, as long as I have known him (a.k.a. a very long time, longer than you've known Fong, for that matter), ever done anything to let anyone down or ruined any relationship by his actions in the slightest. I know I might give him a tough time once in a while, but as you know, it's my style :)."

As backhanded as you walked into it, thanks for the compliment. As you said, its your style. I think this paragraph just proves what I was saying. Look at the good, don't get down on yourself. I'm glad we agree. However, I don't think I'm perfect and I have done some wrong ... hard to imagine, I know. Look I even swear! shit, fuck... shhh.... don't let God know, he'll strike me down. I'm good, but not great.

Its the Devil!

I know you said you wouldn't get all upons the religion, but it seems you did anywho. No biggie. You've stated your position on the devil, that's great. Many people agree with you. I don't. The thing about most people causing the harm in this word from their own actions is very true. I agree there is no honour in dumping our responsibility onto a "mythical creation". We should own up to our actions. But my faith is blind if I also don't acknowledge Satan. As a quote I once read said so well, "I believe in the Devil too" signed by God. I'm not going to scream to the heavens about it. Its a difference of opinion, I'm not going to shoot you because we don't agree on heaven and hell. Ops, I said heaven, I'll hafta delete that when I edit it along with God, and love, and Christ... don't want to sound intolerate... again, relax, its sarcarsm. Just punch me on St. Paddy's day or something.

Lost Potential:

I agree here too. Funny how this is working out. We are never lost causes until death. Death is really the only finality we shall ever know. One can burnout, but we can reignite ourselves from time to time. Slight difference.

Ryan's view:

Is perfectly fine. I llike it too. Its strong, simple, and easy to follow. But I do kinda care what I'm meant for. I think we all have some kind of calling, or something we're meant to do. I think you were meant to be a doctor, I was meant for speaking and pissing people off. The sarcasm of the strike me down idea too is bogus. I hope God is pleased with me from a faith standpoint, but you're right, we need not waste time hoping others think good of us. Its a lost cause. Also a good song by Beck, I highly recommend... moving on...

"Colm ought to keep his eyes up, because he's so on track with that shit it makes my head spin."

Hmmm... not sure what "that shit" is referring too, but I think you're mistaken notwithstanding. Again, I think I was just misunderstood. I don't care too shits what anyone thinks of me, including you, not to be disrespectful or anything, it is just a fact. I'm just writing this to clarify. But if people still think I'm a brainwashed low esteemed catholic fanatic... then go right ahead, I'll loose no sleep over it.

The miracles...

all I can say is, I think there are real, and I pray one day you'll be witness to one as well. They're beautiful, and in my opinion, very very real. Just because I speak about my faith, doesn't mean I'm intolerate to others and their way of thinking. Telling me not to talk about my faith like an absolute is kinda disrespectful. I don't mean absolute, as in, "you're all wrong and going to hell". But as in absolute to me. As in I am strong in my beliefs, and if I don't have the courage to say it, then its all for nothing. Hopefully, people can understand that position a bit better.

Now I've talked too long and am going to be late for work... so I'll end this.

-CIG

9 Comments:

At 8:29 p.m., Blogger Ryan said...

I'll back ya up on all that stuff, and not just cuz its my job... its all true.

 
At 10:25 p.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:26 p.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Colm, you're not allowed to have other friends named Ryan anymore. I spent five minutes trying to remember when I posted that comment and why it is my job to back you up. Man, that was pretty scary. It's a good thing I remembered that I'm only Ryan by day and Johnny Awesome by night? By blogger?

Well whatever. I just wanted to say that I am always right. That's how I roll.

 
At 3:09 a.m., Blogger The Irishman said...

all I can say to this post after review is OH SNAP!

Thx to ryan squared for their combined comments. In future I'll refer to r. fox as fox, and r. tang as tang. I apologize for confusing the simpleton of the two... j/k.

Tang, do you roll in a big pepsi truck with disco balls? cuz that'd be sweetass!

-carson daly.

 
At 8:44 a.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

That's how we do out at West Coast Customs.

 
At 10:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, um, Carson, wanna like, hook up again?

And Cullie, for godsake, I'm still just a kid. Having a bunch of profs decide that I can pass a few tests doesn't change that. The prospect of having to worry about buying my own toilet paper might though.

 
At 11:06 p.m., Blogger That Girl Up There said...

Oh Cara, I almost just died laughing! Buying toilet paper is scary though, it's a BIG step!

Life scares me sometimes...

 
At 10:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life scares me all the time...
We have long known that Colm is the possessor of unsurpassed mellowness...how does he do it? Is it possibly the Guinness? Because I don't think it's the Irishness.... ;)

 
At 1:04 p.m., Blogger The Irishman said...

you've figured me out laura... it fills you up so much, there's no room to be angry!

:P

-mloc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home