Colm's Weekly Soapbox Message
Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly... who knows...Yes, this is the first week of my new column, "Colm's Weekly Soapbox Message". Will there be more weekly soapbox messages? The name would lead you to believe so. I can only promise so much. And I cannot promise this. Laziness strikes again! I just wanted to start something with the words weekly and soapbox. And this is what my unoriginal mind came up with. Now, onto this weeks column
Ryan Stole Pauly Shore's idea...
I'm not quite certain, but man from such epics such as Biodome, Encino Man, and Jury Duty seems to have a dvd out accounting his death, or faking of. Ryan, my respect for you is all but gone... lol. I just thought it was curious to hear about on Newsworld's new tv show, "The Hour", on which he did an interview with George S. I'm not even going to attempt to write that guy's last name right. Ridiculous. Pauly Shore is funny. Anyone who can get such cameos as Whoopi Goldberg and Sean Penn all in the same movie is doing something right... or horribly wrong...
We have a bouncer now!
Yah! Guy sits bored for hours at a time in front of door on weekends and checks ID of obviously non punk year olds just to stay awake. Man, its awesome. I don't know why this makes me happy, but it does. I'll come back to this later when I have something intelligent to say about this topic.
House Of Flying Daggers... WTF MATE!
I'm sorry, but this movie was screwed beyound belief. The lack of any ending aside, do the asians realize how messed up their movies become? I mean, to those who saw the epic Bruce Lee "CRY!!!!" disaster, this movie almost makes it look like a serious drama. I mean, the changing of the four seasons within 3 minutes, and a 9 month duel between former friends over a chick with a dagger in her chest who comes back to save her lover, only to see all three of them die anyways. CRAZY!!! To think this was debated for a nomination for best foreign film is beyond me. But on the flipside, some of the fight scenes were pretty sweet. But the academy awards is its own rant I'll get into later concerning the shunning of Farenheit 911 and the Passion of the Christ. Although, to a certain extent, Micheal Moore kinda screwed himself. Moreover, his movie basically was a flop simply because it didn't do anything... ie. Bush was relected. Good work fatty.
Music
I feel the need to mention something from the music world. Oh yes, U2's first two legs of their tour were announced. Only one date in Canada! Freaking Vancover is gay. Rumour has it an illness in Edge's family is delaying tour stop announcements and an inevitable third leg which will probably hit canada and central/midwest states. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
My recommendation for listening today is going classical. As in rock. Tay, you're allowed to scroll down the rest of this paragraph. Free of charge. Creedence Clearwater Revival is awesome. How do you not love these guys... from some stuck up girl named Mary to Bullfrogs to the prophet Jeremiah to good times with some Cajuns, these guys cover it all. Finally, they made it onto the Forest Gump Soundtrack, which is basically my litmus paper tast for solid music, because that soundtrack was awesome.
READ HERE TAY!!!
Ok, hopefully you didn't need to get some safety pins and gouge your eyes out. Then I'd hafta make fun of you for sleeping with your mom and killing your dad. And that's weary weird.
Is it weird?
Is it weird to have almost more priest's email addresses than other people? Ok, don't answer that. My mom is starting this Landings program at the Church which is for bringing Catholics back into the church and all. So she had this retreat with a lady from Texas and this Priest from Boston. They were over for dinner on Thursday. The priest was quite funny, and interesting to talk to. Man, I'd talk to more normal people, but sadly their stupid and not intelligent enough to carry on worthwhile conversations. To all reading this, you're exempt from this "normal person" stereotype. Am I the only one that likes to be able to talk about Iraq or Ukraine, or pro life and be able to have a debate or discussion without the phrases, "man, those iraqis sure got a shitty deal.. I mean, a dictator and a desert... and no football? damn..." or "YOU'RE OPRESSED MINORITIES! JERK!". Maybe its just me... whutever...
I figure this is enough for now...
Simply because I need to eat and get to work on time before I get fired. So until next time, joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea, and joy to you and me...
Joyfully Yours,
-Jeremiah the Bullfrog
1 Comments:
CCR is the bomb, but fogerty was a fake. He's not even remotely cajun or southern. I can't remember where he's from, but its some crappy big city up north or something. Anyway, he is still an amazing song writer. Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
Post a Comment
<< Home