Serving Drinks Isn't the Same as Drinking Them...
Darn it.Sounds like I missed a good night of drinking and fun. Oh well. I was bartending all night, and it was crazy busy... so that's good. Making money instead of spending it is always good (and most can attest to my spending on nights out). It is was cool too because I got to work with my favourite cowokers who I hadn't hung out with in awhile, and we always have good times together when working. Fun Fun. Work is so much more enjoyable when busy. Funny considering the lazy side of me is screaming in protest to that, but its true.... crap, I gotta get a secret santa present for our staff party on sunday night. That's going to be awesome. All four locations partying with free drinks (a couple at least) and then going out on the town after. Gonna be sweet. Some new bartender has to work it who is a complete bonehead and incompetent... should be interesting... probably will turn into pouring our own drinks... which always is a good thing... singles can quickly become triples.... opsi!
Freestyling in a Cab... what??!?!?
I'm angry at the missing of Tay's rap... I'll need to catch that some time. And ryan, that was a crazy post for being drunk. Some nice points, especially on friendly cabbies and the balance thing. I get that. We are neither one nor the other, but a combination of both. We can't deny who we are in certain respects, but acknowledge them and live with who we are. To do otherwise is naive and foolhardy. I love friendly cabbies... they make life much easier. The fact you didn't vomit in his car probably helped too. Worst thing ever? Getting into a cab and then hearing that the dude just spent an hour cleaning up vomit on the seat you're in! I kid you not... that sucked the big one. Or should I say... stunk...
Lead Singer
Ryan didn't post about this, but I presume he's talking about the fact the lead singer should not play an instrument so they can dance and be merry. If this isn't what he was thinking about, then I have no clue. From my experiences with a not sober ryan and from the sounds of last night, he probably could pull off the lead singer gig pretty good if he wanted to.
Books
Can't remember if I talked about "Fortunate Son", which is a great eye opener. If I didn't, go read it... oh wait, it was burned... never mind... I'll lend you my copy... err... my brothers copy... if you don't know what this is about, ask me in person...
Just read/listened to "The Davinci Code", by Dan Brown. This was a really good book. Fast paced, mysterious, it was cool. I'm now reading/listening to Angels And Demons, which is the first book with the same main character which is about the Illuminati. Very Interesting. Historically based with a twist, it makes you think and wonder. I love it. Church mysteries are cool... but just remember the church isn't defined by these stories, but by Jesus. That's my Catholic Disclaimer of sorts. Can't deny who I am, that whole balance thing. Religion is my contribution to your enlightenment Ryan. No charge as you say. Oh, the reading/listening thing is because I "read" these books with audiobooks that I downloaded. This is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Especially with an ipod. Just download to your ipod, go to bed a bit early, 6 hours later, you've read a book. This is totally awesome for me cuz I usually am reading about 6 books at once and really need to put a dent into them. In two nights I read two books. That's good going in my books. If you haven't experienced the audiobook or books on tape/cd... you're missing out my friends. Awesome. Sure they're meant originally for blind people or for car rides and long trips. But I think it was made for me. The laziest dude I know. I like being smart, I like reading, but often my eyes are too tired when I get home from work, but my brain is still alert. I love this... so much you might even call it WUB! Moving on...
Dogs Die In Hot Cars...
Ryan recommended these guys. Some of it is a little wacky ska, other parts is just straight up good. After first listen it was ok, after second I love. Nice change of pace. Just thought I'd shout that out.
I'm hungry, later
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home