Colm's Weekly Soapbox Message
You better believe it baby! Three weeks in a row... I'm getting impressed with myself... well, here goes nothing....First Up... Murphy's Law
Man, Murphy is the smartest and most annoying Irishman I've ever known. I mean, everything he knows is usually bad times. Like we fired that stretch guy as the bouncer and brought in Steve's brother as I had mentioned. What happened? Nothing. Not a single punk-year old was to be seen. Freaking ridiculous. I was telling my manager to go get a coupla punk year olds over at the theatre or a few street people and give em 5 bucks to come in and cause a problem just to put Mike (Steve's brother) to work. He was all wound up and had nothing to do. Poor him. I almost volunteered myself after I got cut... then remembered he could benchpress almost 350 or something, and thought better of it. So all in all, a mellow night. Tonight is Name that Tune, and was the last time the punks showed up. We'll see how that goes. I should be downstairs so I'll be right in the mix. I packed my 5 knuckle chuckle lunch just in case.
Itunes... a love hate relationship...
I love it... but it can be evil. Like why in hell out of half a dozen thousand songs my ipod and computer are in sync except for one song! For the life of me, I don't know why it is doing this, and how to go about fixing it. Odds are anyways I'd probably only hear the song once every two weeks anyways whatever song it is.
The Itunes music store is cool and all... but... it just doesn't do it for me totally. Not when for three more clicks, I can get the song free. Maybe somewhere inside me if I'm buying an entire album I rather the case and cover... maybe I'm just nostalgic. But it does have some free clips of some nice videos... Anyone see the new one for Beck for Hell Yes or whatever its called. Its totally sweet. If I wasn't mistaken there looked to be a samurai translating robot in there somewhere. That's cool in my books. Oh, and the song is good too.
Stupid Dreams...
I hate good dreams. Why? Because you wake up thinking you just won the jackpot, or in my case last night, 500 bucks for some improv routine... don't ask... So you're all pumped and happy and then you wake to the thought of, "crap, I'm poor still ain't I?" Stupid dreams... stupid froid... stupid improv... just plain stupid...
Baby Tossing ... An Olympic Sport in 2008?
Man, anyone hear about the story of the supposed baby tossing? This is messed up. Especially when there is a law in the States (fairly certain there's a comparable one here too) which allows one to drop off a baby within 3 days of birth to the police, fire department, hospital, etc. with no questions asked. I think the woman had problems. Why make up a grand story when you simply could of gone to the local fire house? I simply don't get it... the reason she just didn't/couldn't care for another child! Man, stuff like this really gets me angry. How are people so out to lunch with morals and just common sense. Suck it up and own up to your responsibilities. I mean, if she is mentally sick or something I'd cut some slack, but the sad thing is stuff like this is going on with people who are technically "perfectly normal".
Reminds me of a manager at work. She's only 24 or something and has a kid. Single mom, whatever. I'm not one to judge ... too much... Anywho, my problem with her is the way she approaches her responsibility to her child. Its almost like its a problem or an annoying chore. I've met the kid a coupla times and he's what 5 probably and is super cute... but dumb as a door nail. Not like can't do algebra dumb, but like hasn't been exposed to anything. I knew kids at 2 and 3 who started to show skills at stuff like reading, music, talking. This kid is a mute who watches barney all day. All she talks about is getting a babysitter so she can go out this weekend. Damnit, own up to the fact that you're a mother, and life isn't the same. You partied and got yourself in this situation, now suck it up and be a parent. Tossing your kid over to someone else is no way to handle your responsibility as a parent. Grrr.... this is making me angry. Fuck, I'm angry now... anywho... on to something less anger provoking I guess... just promise me you'll try to be better parents than this dumbass.
Deep Breath...
This was going to be a mellow post, but again I've gotten my rant on. Oh well, hopefully that wasn't too bad to deal with. I'm just going to go have some lunch and then finish this off with some music and book talk.
The Arts are The Cure...
For some music, lets throw it back a bit and talk The Cure. I don't know why, but I've been listening to more of them lately and once you stop ... you you you you you can't stop! Just Like Heaven is a solid choice for the day. Yup, lets go with that one.
A Friendly Wave To The Blindman
Yes Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder are easy to make fun of, but the fact is, they made great music. To prove it, just listen to some of Stevie's best stuff from his earlier days. Superstition is one of the grooviest songs ever written in my books, and For Once In My Life is a good one too. Bereive it! It's inevitable! I'm sorry, that movie is still funny as hell.
Absent Minded Leprechaun
I was gonna review a book, but I can't remember what I had chosen, and I'm not about to stand around waiting for it to come back to me. You'll hafta tune in next week for it. Until then... um... go do something! Wow... that's my best sendoff yet! :P
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home