Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sign the damn form...

MPH/ One Campaign.

Is it me, or does this just make sense? All we need to do is stand up together and we can do this. Sure its complicated in many ways, but in principle, it is simple. All we need to do is act out, speak out and let it be known this is an issue the world wants to deal with. Politicians are feeble and willing to please. Even if they're doing it for votes, I don't care. At least they'll do the right thing in the long run. How long are we gonna blaze into the future and leave half the world behind us? That's just plain retarded. I signed the petition. So should you. As far as I can tell its legit and seems to be about our voices, not the money. The money part is the government's problem, not ours. I ordered a bunch of the white wristbands to wear and give out. Hopefully yall will take one. Man I totally would like to go to Edinburgh for the G8 and the rally, but I don't got the money. On top of the whole G8 thing, its just a city I want to revisit and spend time in. Its lovely and such a great spot.

Speaking of all this, Live Aid 2 - actually Live 8 is definetely going to happen. That's pretty cool considering I was too young to remember the first one. Doubtful I'll be able to see any concerts live unless they start one in Canada. Although that is likely because it is one of the three G8 countries left that doesn't have a concert lined up for Live 8 as of now. I'm not positive, but they should be televising the entire thing which should be very cool. Maybe its childish optimism, but I really think change is in the air. So poverty might not be eliminated as of July the 4th or something, but some major steps and commitments might be made. I'm not in love with Paul Martin or anything but I'd have tons of respect for him if he can at least stick to his guns on this issue (might be a first!). Lets all pray he does, or goes beyond it. Lets all pray the other 7 step up to the plate.

I'm just sick and tired of the headlines being negative. Lets do something good and worthy of page A1 for once!

-mloc

2 Comments:

At 8:01 a.m., Blogger Tay said...

Don't knock it! I signed up so that I could get spam mail from Brad Pitt and Ed Norton too.

That's right, I signed it, even though I am actually in favour of blazing into the future leaving billions behind.

I'm not sure if there's an actual term for that sort of political ideology, so I'm just going to call it "futurism" until I can think of something better.

 
At 12:08 p.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

The first rule of Live Aid 2 Club: don't talk about Live Aid 2 Club...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home