Yes I know, it has been awhile.
But for some reason or another I manage to always avoid/forget to go on the computer when I have something to talk about. But that doesn't mean I have something special to talk about now that I am here. But then again, I hope I can find something interesting to talk about, or this will just become another waste of time. What else is new?!
Anywho, I'm done spring session and faired relatively well considering my econ final was a hell of a test, so that's good I guess. For a week or two now my life has consisted of sleep, eat and work...or just the first two on my days off. So technically, nothing IS new! I've managed to somehow avoid going to the Calgary Stampede up to this point, incredible as that may seem. Oh, to all you mysterious readers from out of town, [I don't think you exist, but whatever :P], the Calgary Stampede is just a big festival thingie with a rodeo and all. It is when people can act like cowboys/cowgirls cuz they live in a western city even if they are totally not one. I refer all to my former band teacher in high school, Mr. Barrette. I mean the guy is french canadian, but I think he actually believed wearing tight jeans, boots, and a big ass belt buckle actually made you a cowboy! Whatever, he was funny as hell, and now that I think of it he had a pretty good handle bar mustache to sell the cowboy look. He wasn't too shabby a teacher eaither. So yeah, the Stampede is inconprehensibly a massive party to everyone in town. But what am I doing? Nothing. Nothing exciting anyways. A turtle crossing a river probably would win a ratings contest compared to me. I guess I'll blame work, because it just works out nicely like that. Actually, now that I think of it, it is a good excuse! Working weekends now usually Thursday to Sunday day, I think my schedule has dammed me to isolation, lol. I mean, every friday it seems some baffoon of a friend phones at approxiametely 4:40 PM, exactly 20 minutes before I work to remind me of someone's party I never knew about, or to invite me to a movie, or play bball, etc. This is exasperating! I guess it isn't their fault that normal people tend to work monday -friday, 9-5 type schedule's...but arhrgjlsgjekrl;gje'l;!!!!! Aggravating I guess. I think I'd find it better if they just didn't phone. The idea of people forgetting every single friday is a tad hard for me to grasp. I guess the idea of getting together for a keg party on a saturday morning or sunday afternoon just isn't that convienent. Convience, don't get me going on that. Or maybe you should, it has been awhile since I wrote on here...anywho I better wrap this part up before getting ahead of myself. So, let's use some simple math to explain this massive paragraph of disconnected thoughts.
Colm = bored and bitter.
Bored and bitter = work + lack of readily available entertainment + living with retired parents who find exploiting my physical labour to help them renovate the house for their retired fat asses to enjoy + general pessimism towards current events [How many murders do you hear of each day?] + a fractured faith + an overdramatic, some hollywood use of writing to express my significantly less bitter real view of life simply to draw more ratings to my pitiful website + unknown variables [ie. orientation of the sun in the stars, variations in hygene, eating habits, etc.]
Work + lack of readily available entertainment + [...] = Disgruntlement.
Disgruntlement = Writing this post.
Writing this post = An exit for my fumes of rage + assorted feelings.
An exit for my fumes of rage + assorted feelings = A waste of your ten minute coffee break at work.
Therefore, through variable substitution we get the following...
Colm = A waste of your ten minute coffee break at work.
I guess it could be worse. Being worth a coffee break is pretty expensive these days. Especially if you get a chocolate chip banana muffin along with you $5 double expresso. Yes, I'm rationalizing, but can you blame me? Critics these days... Anywho, I'll come back to write something of use and seriousness later. Till then, keep it real.
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home