Saturday, December 27, 2003

Hey all, its been awhile... that other post was old, but I guess I only saved it as a draft, so that's why its up now. I woulda just deleted it, but I thought the stan comment was worthy of saving... anywho... Christmas, here and gone again. How sad... it only seems like it was days ago that it was Christmas... wait, it was... but you know what I mean. Whenever Christmas comes around, it seems like you never left it. Kinda weird, but a nice feeling nonetheless. Much like coming home from a long trip to flop onto your bed exausted and fall asleep and wake up the next morning like nothing is different. Except the fact nothing was the same for those 2/3 weeks you were gone... maybe I'm the only one who notices that... moving on...

So, Christmas this year was cool! My sis and her fiance, Derek, were around along with the rest of the gang. Sad, but true, is that one of the coolest things about having derek over for Christmas this year, is that now when we play board games, girls vs. guys is even to four a side! We always said that we didn't need the extra help... haha, always fun to stir up the opposition... but it was a welcomed addition this year. I mean, Derek must be the God of useless knowledge... not that he doesn't know anything useful, just that he knows alot of other stuff that really only comes in handy for games like trivial pursuit, so it is safe to say, we smoked the competition this year! THE TIDES HAVE CHANGED!!! MUHAHAHAHA.... in other news...

Reading a book called "stupid white man" by Micheal Moore. He's the director or Roger & Me, and Bowling for Columbine. Anywho, its not his newest book, but my sister got it in her stocking, and I've been wanting to read it, so the opportunity arised. I think the new one is called Dude, Where's My Country... Derek was reading it over the holidays. Anywho, Moore is a bit of that run of the mill Jackass, but he blends in alot of intelligent points and counter spin to the world of mass media and Bush and Co. I definetely recommend him to anyone interested in world affairs and uncovering some of the dirty lies/misconceptions we have of the world today. Definetely less naive about things after reading stuff from the likes of moore, al frankin, noam chomsky and such.... Well, I'm hungry, and there is a ton of stuffing left in the fridge, so I'm gonna grab some of that. I may come back to continue my season's greetings and commentary, and I may not. In the mean time, go check out some of the links and stuff. Hear about that earthquake is Iran? Bam is an ancient city, and it had beautiful ruins of an old castle, village, temple and such on a hill on the outskirts of the city. Destroyed in seconds. Hill looks like frank's slide now... very sad and depressing. Some of the most beautiful things in life are gone before we ever have the chance to see them... pity... I guess one can't do much about it in the case of the earthquake, but think of places like Lebanon, where it was once considered a beautiful country... now all it has is elders with distant memories and war torn buildings and towns. What a shame...

-CIG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home