Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Ah, two nights in a row. I think I'm on a roll! So, what's new with my life? Hmm, I think I basically covered that last night, so let's move right along. Tomorrow I believe I may finally hit up the Stampede grounds. This is great news on many fronts.

First off, I get to enjoy hearing drunken yelling and YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!'s from foreign tourists which is good for a laugh. Just think of Arnold saying it with his messed up Austrian accent! On a side note, does anyone else find it weird that robots from the future decided to make their first terminator have an Austrian accent? Why not American, or British for that matter. Their spies and assassins were much more world reknowned and respected. For that matter, did Austria even have spies or assasins back in the day? Well I guess some of the officers that tried to kill Hitler were Austrian now that I think of it, so I guess they did. Wow, that was a well of the beaten path sidenote now wasn't it? Ok, back to the Stampede.

Another good thing about being able to attend THE GREATEST OUTDOOR SHOW ON EARTH! is I'll be able to hear some good music. And no, I don't mean the karoke contest... that is world class comedy. Although it is a sham every year. That's because every year the finals always consist of someone singing "I'll always love you" by good ol' Whitney or any song off of Garth Brooks' greatest hits cd. When will someone hit up Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody and win it all. I think that'll remain wishful thinking on my part for many years to come. The music I'm glad to be able to hear is Sam Roberts from good ol' Montreal, and even some Colin James. Ok, his music isn't written by mozart, but it is upbeat and somewhat groovy in that old school kinda way! I still have my wishful thinking that Vanilla Ice will start his comeback tour on the Coca Cola stage one of these years... now that would be classic! ICE ICE BABY...DU DU DU DUDU DU DU! How classic indeed. Sam Roberts is the man, but not in the Vanilla Ice way. He's a solid musician, who also happens to not care that he looks like a scruffy old dog, and to boot, sing's a song with my sister's name in it. Ya, you know the song... DON'T WALK AWAY EILEEN! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU SINCE THE AGE OF 17! YOU'VE BEEN TELLING LIES AND NOW IT IS TIME TO COME CLEAN!!! Good stuff. Well, I think I had more reasons on why I'm thrilled to attend Stampede tomorrow, but I have a better reason to not continue until later... CAKE! Until I finish stuffing myself, take it easy...

-CIG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home