Hey all...
Things need to be discussed... not because they're important, but because it is 2 in the morning and I can't sleep and I've thought of things, os I might as well say them while I'm hear, shouldn't I? Anywho, a few new events have occured since last post which mysteriously got deleted before I think anyone saw it, and I was too lazy to try to find, so screw it. Lets start off with the major announcement!
I'm going to VEGAS!! That's right, who's coming? I turned 21 last week and I'll be damned if I don't hit up a game of poker of blackjack in the city of sin sometime in the near future... only problem, I lack the funds neccassary to go there, and more importantly, have to LOOSE when I'm there. I guess in a weird way, that's some sort of blessing isn't it? I'm not sure about that one... So, besides wanting to go to Vegas, simply because I can then for any other reason, being 21 really isn't that big of a deal. The last time I felt hyped about turning a certain age (18 obviously), the hype was completely unfounded. I mean, sure hanging with friends and stuff was cool... even though it was at someone else's bday party on MY birthday!!! Stupid cara... but she knows I don't mean it, let bygones be bygones right (is that how you'd spell bygones? it just doesn't look right)?! Of course, I'll definetely get kicked in the shins an extra time for that, on top of the obligatory one I get every day for some half-witted comment on her and jon.... well, mostly about jon being a robot... jontron.... as yes, the memories... memories... anywho, the point is the hype was unfounded... maybe it had more to do with the fact laura drove over my foot... which still has never fully recovered... technically... or maybe the fact I didn't puke or get a hangover (which at the time I thought was ESSENTIAL for fun, oh how I was deceived... I'm irish, I CAN'T get a hangover, even if I tried... and trust me, I've tried)... I mean what is so special about being a certain age? Aren't we suppose to value every day like it is our last, that it is a gift we should appreciate and make the most of... why then does "life really only start" when one is 18, 21, 25, 30... etc... I think society is stupid like that... moving on with the stupid theme...
Shoutout people are stupid! It is gone, and that rightly has me tres angry. Angry enough to stick a french word in, AND not put the proper french character in as well (go go accente grave! I missed the accente gu on those two accente... dammit, that's three, they keep multiplying.... it is bad french grammar madness.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH....stop the grammar madness!!!!). Sooo, where was I, ah yes, the Shoutout. I misss it, it was my friend. Sadly Amanda, it seems the days of shoutout tag are behind us... sniff sniff, I'd look for a replacement, but I don't think I'm over the loss quite yet... but truefully, it is probably just because I'm a freakin' lazyass bastard! Heh... moving on with the lazy ass theme.... I've gone thematic this weekend, woo!
I'm lazy. This is no epiphany to me, and shouldn't be to anyone who remotely knows me. I think it is a Leyne (say it like LINE, weird shit eh??) trait that we look to maximize laziness and then gloat about it. Kinda like Bentham's Utilitarianism idea, but, totally not... especially on the gloating aspect. The point is, it is becoming an artform for me. The fact that many of my goals and "get up and go" attitudes usually involve delayed gratification. THe idea that I might sacrifice laziness and pleasure today, for WAY MORE laziness another day. Man, butchering philosphical theories is awesome! I was just wondering if people notice they do the same thing? For example, you say you're gonna gunho it the first coupla days of reading week with study and paper writing so you can enjoy and utilize your time efficiently doing worthwhile things for the last coupla days... but you end up on the couch eating joe louis in your pyjamas watching shitty movies you've already seen 10 times on superstation all weekend (total recall anyone???)... not to mention the ten full house, fresh prince, and hanging with Mr. Cooper reruns that get you through the tough hours of the weekend (1-4... gotta do something before hitting the bars eh?). Laziness.... never ceases to amaze me... beauty... speaking of the beauty theme...
READ THIS!!! Something very beautiful and powerful is coming our way. Not this wednesday, but the next, (I forget the date... Feb. 25th sounds about right...) The Passion comes out in Theatres. I'm sure you've all heard something of this, probably the wrong things, so that's why I'm hear to set the record straight. It is a movie directed by Mel Gibson... who is a staunch conservative Catholic (pre Vatican 2 style... crazy stuff)... anywho, he fully funded the movie on his own saying it was his goal since he turned an actor and became sucessfull to have the chance to tell the story of Christ's Passion the proper way... no hollywood crap. Most say, but HE IS FROM HOLLYWOOD. No, there is no glitz and or sex scenes to appeal to the dying society which approves of those things. If anything, this movie is meant to disgust those people. All the attention this movie is getting, right or wrong, is exactly what Gibson wants, and if I could presume, the Church as well. Why? Because no one will be satisfied with the debate and talk without seeing it. And that is what Gibson is banking on. Most people say he is using religion for money, but that is not his goal or intention. His intention is to show the trial of our Lord, and bring conversion and reknewed faith into society. He believes it will work, and I for one agree. So I guess my point is, I strongly recommend you go see this film, treat it as something to do for Lent in the preparation for Easter and the coming of the Lord into our lives again. What is amazing is that the film sticks to the gospels and historical fact very accurately, he did research and everything, and it is not blashphemous in any way like some movies that have been made. To boot, the film is not in english, just cuz they wouldn't of been speaking it in Jesus' time. There are barely subtitles, which brings so much power to the film as the pictures and actions do all the talking. This especially works, considering most of us already know the story (or like to think we do). I can't wait to see this film. The Pope has given his blessing to it, which really is all that matters to me and probably was the only critic Mel listened too, rightly so. I'm soo glad someone with the influence and stature of mel's has taken up basically the mission of the Church. Some may say, we've already converted the western world... but have we? Was Jesus' message to go and do drugs freely, question our parents and be disrespectful to people we don't know, and worse, the one's we love? Was it Jesus' message for us to go and watch pornography and destroy our minds and hearts with such filth? Even me, I like to think myself as trying to be faithful, have fallen into the sins so common and unquestioned in today's society, and it pisses me off. I shouldn't have to think after the fact that I did wrong, I shoulda known it before I did it and therefore avoided it... it is sad really. We can't afford to send thousands of faithful men and women off on missions, because we don't even have enough to fight the war in our own backyard. Hopefully, this film can be another stepping stone to winning that war againest sin that is destroying the healthy, faithful social fabric that we all live in. If you don't think this movie is powerful, watch the trailer, and I'll pay you 5 bucks if you honestly don't feel moved in some way. It is impossible. We can try to drown Jesus out of our lives through filling ourselves with drugs, excessive alocohol, or even deafening music in our ears... but it will not work. At the end of the day, Jesus' message will not be drown out, it will be heard. If it achieves that through this film, great, if my writing this helps, that is also great. As much as I want to ignore that message and call... what kind of person would I be for doing that? It is one thing to ignore something we do not know is there, it is entirely different to ignore Jesus' call for change in our lives when we can hear it, and see the truth to the reaons why every single day. Go ahead, try to tell yourself all is well, nothing wrong with the world. I'll remind you of a coupla jets flying into some tall towers a coupla years ago. Funny how quickly we forget the things we claim are so important, and remember all the trivial things in life (I know every goal and in which order from the hockey gold medal game in 2002... but, I can't remember the last time I had a worthwhile conversation with my grandma before alzheimer's claimed her mind and life. That one really sticks like a fork in the heart... can you think of instances like those? I got 3 off the top of my head).
I want to say sorry for being preachy, but you know what, that'd be againest my point. Should Mel Gibson say sorry for making such a provoking film that has caused such outrage... that still blows my mind... HELL NO! And this talk of it being anti - semetic, the fucking critics who said that hadn't even seen the film yet. And by no means is it at all, and my friend who saw an advanced screening said the exact same thing. People will find anything to knock down this film, to hurt its appearance, but you know what that is? Again, I'll be sounding preachy, but fuck it. It's the damn Devil up to his old tricks. He's been laughing it up for years now, why? Because half the shit in today's world that is wrong and evil, isn't because of him. We have committed the wrong, we have sinned, he only lays the seed in our minds if nothing more. But he'll make damn sure something good and right can be destroyed and manipulated if he can. They say the holiest of people are those the Devil works and tempts the most on. How much sense and truth that is. From Jesus in the desert all the way down. He's won a few of my internal battles, but I'll be damn sure he doesn't win the war for my soul. I'm not all about the scorching heat of eternal flames... not sure what you'd prefer... I don't think they have made an SPF strong enough for down there... don't think SPF 30 will cut it.
Go see the film, go with an open mind and heart, and the willingness to change. I can't ask you in anyway other than this. You'd be doing yourself a disservice not to see it. At least see it to settle the scores of debate you may have due to all the unfounded lies and commentary being given on it. I warn you it is violent, but there was no "nice" way to get crucified I'm afraid.
The pleasures of the flesh today, are nothing compared to the pleasures of heaven... there's that delayed gratification thing again! Maybe you think I'm just a deadbeat, but, I'm having the time of my life even through the struggles and sorrows, because I know where I want to be going... I don't need the vices of "drugs, sex, and rock & roll!!!!".... sometimes... actually, too often, I have my shortcomings... but I rather shortcomings then a wasted life. When I die, I want my epitaph to read, "Was I worth it, Lord?" Worth what? God's love.... he loves me no matter what, and I just hope, I can do enough with my time here to have made all that effort and love God gave me worth it. I mean, we've be given sooo much, I can only wish I can give a miniscule of that in my time. I don't want my epitaphy to read, "what a waste"... how about you?
Have you been worth it? Something for us to think about
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home