St. Paddy's Day Memories...
Steph requested I write about my wicked-awesome st. paddy's day, so I shall. I had a rather large rant going, but I'll just save that one for later. Truly, I simply haven't had much time for anything recently... essays deadline's approach quicker than I think, and with st. paddy's and march madness, all available free time is taken. However, since I'm stuck at the university for awhile, I might as well write, right? Soo... St. Paddy's Day...where to start...how bout...It was 730 in the wee hours of the mornin'. I went downstairs for a cup o tea, bless me mudder had already made. So I says to meself, "tis a wonderful day to go drinkin'!" So I thank me mudder for the tea, and almost left without me bloody drinking gear! So I skip on up to me room to grab me celtic jersey and a coupla of them goofy lookin' leprechaun hats with the guiness symbol attached. With that I was ready! Decked out in green, prepared to go green from the drinkin'! So with a loud "top of the mornin' to ya " to me father and me neighbour outside, I skipped me way to school. Of course, I wasn't planning on attending classes at the U, but to meet up with me fellow drinkers. First we went for a coupla pints with kyle, adam, ryan and a few of me associates through kyle's bio degree connections at the Den around eleven or eleven-terty. So the waiter tells us that guiness is cheep at the moment (like we needed a reason to drink the nectar of God!) and that we get a free guiness pint glass. So we says to bring a round, and a coupla irish wiskey's to clear the throat (We ended up using them for Irish Car bombs... hmmmm sooo delicious....) so, after a game of pool with adam and recruiting a few more lads for me March Madness Tournie, we were ready to head off. But wait ye a minute! We had to wait for Jon and Phat Mike to arrive, so here comes the second round and a few more introductions to people I've never met and will probably never see except on days experienced in the blessed drunken stupour (ie. BSD day or in another 365!). So, with the lads finally arriving, we head off for Kilkenny's across the way. We figured strolling over was the best course of transportation (although Adam and I would see to regret this course of action at a later hour). So we find a nice table, only to realize it was in the non-smoking section (much to my liking). After ordering meself a drink, adam and mike arrive (they had stopped somewhere along the way for one reason or another) to say they had us a BETTER table, in the smoking section. Well, of course a debate ensued and I was not liking the idea of leaving without paying the waitress for the round (rude after all the work the lady did in bringing our drinks). So, like good irish diplomats, we scream and shout to a compromise (no bombs or violence required), and settled with the fine lady before moving to Mike's prefered location in the heart of the pub. This turned out to be a grand idea, as we managed to take up right beside the band and where the girls would be a dancin'. Less to say, this was a critical decision. As not within half a wee hour the place started to fill (about twelve terty five or so), and we all had ourselves a grand ol time. Mike's drama friends took up across the way from the dancing area, and we visited and toasted to many a fine thing (don't you worry, traditional irish blessings were used everytime, fear not)... I can honestly say I only remember not having a full drink in me hands once (and it was before me last round... a grasshopper if I remember correctly), and that was only due to the time it took the waitress to elbow her way through the multitude of "happy people". Although Adam and I called it a day at 620 or so, we had a solid 7 hours of drinking behind us. So, it is safe to say, we were definetely on the "happy" side. The downfall of the walking was that we had to find brentwood station while we were a staggering, which was no small feat indeed. But a few nice lads pointed out the way, and we were off home. A nice sleep and a solid day of basketball watching with adam yesterday and I must say, definetely up there in top 48 hours... there were some small tibbit stories, but I'll recount those later, more because my fingers are tired and I'm starving above anything else. Till than, God bless, and let the beer continue to flow!
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home