Friday, August 27, 2004

Aloha! I'm not recently back from Hawaii or anything, but I was away... for a coupla hours eating and watching USA get schooled by Argentina. That is freaking awesome! But I have been away for quite a while in general. Well, I've been home and away basically for the last two months. Put it this way, in the last two months I've slept in my bed all of 10 times before last week. That's freaking ridiculous! This isn't due to the fact I passed out frequently on the stairs attempting to get to my bed to sleep (although plausible and one might say expected), but due in large part to my family. Freaking family. Just kidding family, it was worth it. You know what's great? Sleeping on the floor outside the furnace room! Oh yeah, great fun... ok, no, it really sucked balls. It all went down like a dream sequence ... just like it was yesterday... wait was it???

[insert infamous wayne's world waving hand motions here .... DILILU DILILU DILILU - I have no idea how to phonetically spell that, so that's my guess... ]

OK, I just wanted to do that, this really isn't a dream sequence. But it did all start almost back in May, doing major reno work to my house with my dad. Ripping up shitty carpet and replacing it with... well one ugly coloured carpet (not my choice), and some sweet ass wooden floors. Then came painting my entire, basement, kitchen, family room, living and dining rooms, and oh yeah, the ceilings too. Has anyone ever done that before? It is quite possibly the messiest, biggest pain in the ass, paint job one can do. You basically have to throw plastic over the entire house and use a thick roller to paint a stucko ceiling, which causes massive drippage. Anywho, thx god that is done. Then came the outside, and just cleaning. Man, with retired parents, some how they thought this means they are retired from housework! Ok, they were pretty good, especially my dad did a lot, but I still got nailed with tons and tons of work. I am now planning on not cutting the grass or the hedge for 3 years to make up for lost lazy time. I think its a fair trade. Why all the reno you ask? How about having a reception for 60 people for your uncles 25th anniversary in the preisthood. Or how about having 14 people sleeping in your house the week of the wedding! That's freaking retarded! We had people bunked everywhere, couches, neighbours, hotels, 3 to rooms, and I along with my 5 cousins from montreal and ottawa (all very cool dudes I'm sad none of you got to meet and hang with) sleeping in the storage room beside the furnace room (read: cement floor before we found shitty old carpet to thrown on top - not much better). Anywho, it was tons of fun.

I know everyone isn't tight with their immediate family, let alone extended family in this world, but it totally is worth it. We had so much fun it is hard to express. You know, everyone has their crew of friends, well, my cousins, uncles, aunts, et. al are like an entire other crew. We Leyne's and Donnelley's are one hell of a roudy bunch. Like I said before, Banff shall never be the same again. I swear, across from the hotel we were staying at and had the reception (banff park lodge - nice place, nice staff, top managers are jackasses though, including nazi lady I mentioned previously) was this cafe for breakfast, a lunch spot, and a pub and patio. All under the name Melissa's. I guess its the big breakfast spot in banff. Like a small chain denny's. They totally knew us all by names by the end of the week and what we had to eat. We basically had all of our meals there those 5 days besides the dinner party and reception. I strongly recommened their french toast... damn, now I made myself hungry again.

On to something else... here's a link to that music festival I was telling ryan and adam about that my bro wants me to go with him for. I really don't have the money for it, I wish he never told me about it, cuz now it is pissing me off. So many bands I've been wanting to see live. Including Franz Ferdinand and Elvis Costello! Bastard. Who knows, I may still go, but highly unlikely. I'm still freaking hungry and want french toast... stupid french, they really are good for nothing!

I can't wait for hockey... iggy with lemieux and sakic! Could christmas come in september?! Anywho, I'm happy denny g is gone with oleg... hopefully he continue's his inconsistent ways and the playoffs really weren't his coming out party. That's the only part in the trade that worries me. Langkow is a solid centerman, good for 50 alone, not with an iggy like conroy, so I can see his totals being higher. We found our replacement 1st line center. Although, I thought reinpreicht was going to be it... we'll see... Iggy, Langkow, and Simon... that'd be sweet.

We'll, I'm out. Take it easy.

-mloc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home