Lost rants...
soooo... I found some random rants and stuff that I supposedly never published... so, I'm just gonna throw them on now, because I feel it a shame to just delete the drafts, and too lazy to rewrite them in the present. Too much thinking... head hurts... need beer...The Passion Review... if you can call it that...
Tomorrow won't be the way I thought it'd be. I had planned to get up, wash, eat, and go to school. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that after what I saw. I wanted to cry, vomit, and hug someone... but I did none of these... I was wiped of all energy or motivation to act in any way. This isn't to say it didn't move me... more from I was SO moved, I didn't know how to react. Sure, it was gory as all heck, probably more than it needed to be... but the message was sent.
Couldn't have come at a better time for me anyways, going into Holy Week and all. Moreover, it couldn't have come at a better time for all us, around the world. Think about it, look at all the evil, chaos, immoral action being accepted as "new age thinking", and disarray in the world. I think it is pretty clear something needs to happen, and happen quick. Just cuz "everyone" accepts something as proper nowadays, doesn't mean it is right. Take slavery for example, need I say more? It takes people, like you and me, to change the world. Sure God is all powerful, but he gave us a double edged sword cuz we asked for it. Freedom, the greatest gift we have, but also the greatest curse when we use it wrongly. Its up to us to save this world, and trust me, much saving is required. It took a few good men and women with a vocal leader from down south named Martin Luther King to destroy racism and bigotry in everyday life in America... and still some of it persists, more than a couple of decades later!
It's coming up to midnight. I'm in my pyjamas with my pillow and a glass of milk writing this. My throat hurts, I have a bleeding nose, and am tired and bored as hell. Happy New Year indeed...
Wow, wasn't that an uplifting start to 2004!!! I'm sorry, but maybe I'm just getting jaded from stuff. I mean, we have an New Year's Eve EVERY year... just doesn't seem so special nowadays. I mean, in 1999 it was just as Prince had wished. We were able to "party like it is 1999!". Then came 2000 with the whole Y2K thing. On top of the fact it was the end of the 20th century depending on which side of the debate you were on, and we were entering the Jubilee year of the Church. So, it is safe to say there was significant enough reason to celebrate in one way or another. 2001 was the beginning of the 21st Century, turning the corner, welcoming the future into our lives. Again, a fairly good reason to be optimistic of things, and a reason to celebrate. 2002, well... the olympics were coming!?!?!?!?!?! I guess in fairness, it was different for many and not as fun filled with the threat of terrorism and the freshness of Sept. 11th in our minds and hearts. But 2003? What did I have to look forward to? What about 2004??? What's so special about this year? I mean, its a new year, another 365 days of excitment and change, but I'm having a hard time seeing how different I can possibly become in the next hour or so... maybe my low key celebration this year is distorting the significance of the moment, or maybe not, you tell me...
Nevertheless, I thought I'd write up some of my opinions of the year past and the year to come. A few memories (happy and sad), a few expectations (some more optimistic than others), some guidance to myself and others running blindly into the future, and even a few New Year's Resolutions for myself and maybe others to try to follow for this upcoming year to change our lives for the better... or just for change... your choice!
Memories of 2003:
1. I remember chilling at home with my parents for New Year's... another year, another 10 years older they seemed. Funny how that works with old people. I guess we aged exponentially to time after 50. Sweet. Something to look forward to... not...
2. The Superbowl Party at my house. The game sucked, we didn't get the cool adds... wait, we never do... this year's party definetely sucked. But how much excitement do you get from watching a blow out, a bad half time show, and seeing the same adds 50 times while still managing to think it was fun to sing every coupla minutes the wonderful line of "United Furniture Warehouse, DU DU!"... shudder... hope this year is better.
3. School is back... yippi... but not really... school, something we try hard to convince ourselves is fun but intrisincally believe it to be the spawn of satan... a necessary evil until I move on to things... probably the priesthood if you're taking the odds vegas has on it right now... God, I hope not... well, we'll see won't we? STAY TUNED!
4. Something about my 20th birthday... didn't do much, no biggie... besides being a fifth of a century old, this really wasn't that important of a date. Kinda like the new years thing... you get one every year! No, this year's will be worthwhile... 21!!! Legal across the globe... sweetasss! Moving on... this could take awhile, might want to skip to the interesting dates... I'll put a **** beside it to get your attention. Sound like a deal... now.... SCROLL!!!!
5.
-CIG
<< Home