So Many Questions!
Ok, since steph's questions seem to me to be the hardest, I'll obviously do them last!!! So, I guess amanda's questions are first. I'll try to keep the responses short..hehe... (under 3000 words maybe!)... anywho, on with it...Amanda Asked:
What would your dream job be?
1) If you were on a reality tv show, which one would you be on?
2) Let's just assume for one second that you're in the market for a new religion. Which one would you choose and why?
3) What do you think is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?
BONUS QUESTION: sweet, starting off with the bonus... lets see, my dream job? Well a job that consisted of doing no work and getting paid for it... so, no job at all I guess! Actually, I have a couple crazy ones I've also wished to do. Probably being the imagination guy for designing and making cool rides and waterparks and stuff for disneyworld... that'd be sweet! That's something I've always wanted to do, so lets make that number one dream job cuz I've seriously dreamed up waay too many rides and waterparks in my free time...But two rather possible ones would be a nba or hockey player - getting paid to do what I love to do in my spare time seems like a good deal to me. OF COURSE I also would love to be a late night talk show host... somehow I'd think I'd love it, and not be too bad at it!!! (the talking thing, I'll never be rid of it!!!
1) I'd like to go on survivor, simply because by now I'd know every single thing to do to win... ie. go in fat (rich), evil (salesman), or horribly nice and under the radar like (ethan)... But, I really must say I agree with Steph at the end of the day. I'd go for the one to be the most fun and be the best experience, and that definetely is The Amazing Race. You get to see the sites of the world, and a few corners we didn't know about, and do some sweet things at the same time... definetely an awesome time... even if you lost first... but I wouldn't... all about learning multiple languages and giving bribes to the cabbies!
2) First off I'm not, but like you said, IF, I was looking, I'd have to say.... drum roll please....drumdrumdrum... HINDUISM! It just seems to be such an internally peaceful religion, focusing one's energy on fighting internal conflict, not external which christianity and islam sadly have been warped to be understand to promote in some weird ass way. The idea of karma, and cycling through multiple lives to reach one's end and wholeness with their soul and becoming one with... krishna isn't it? I always forget the names of their "Gods", but they aren't really "Gods" in the terms western civilization thinks, ie. pagans, Zeus, etc... Maybe it is the fact that I can relate to how Hindu's rationalize their decisions in life, and that's something I haven't always been great on... leaps of faith are cool and all, but it is nice to have that continuous goal and forward momemtum that Hindu's seem to carry. Lastly, not too many world wars over Hinduism, so gotta play the peaceful card! Also, if any of you haven't, go read LIFE OF PI now!!! It is awesome, and really opens you up to the idea of religion on a grander scale other than your own beliefs.
3) It is my trait questions right back at me! It is the hardest..hmmm...
Greatest Strength: I've always thought my greatest strength was my combo of well-roundedness and youthful spirit in life... but if I had to single out a certain strength I rely on the most, it would have to be my ability to engage people, primarily through speach. This is tooting your own horn, which I hate, but... its true! Many could confirm my legendary speaking ability, (more in quantity than anything else, and quite often as much of a curse! [sigh]) which has helped me on numerous occasions. I love to engage with other people, sharing stories, laughs, crys, experiences... whatever! I've always been a bit of an idealist as some may know (the brits will get their turn yet!!!), and have childishly held the belief of one CAN change the world in their lifetime. I never knew how, but that I just could. Over the years others, God, and experience has taught me a lesson or two and made me a wiser man. One can best change the world one person at a time, not nations at a time! And there is no easier way to change people's lives than through engaging with them. If through one of my stories, wacked out moments (anyone remember me almost killing myself and ten others by taunting a tow truck on first street back during high school?!?!), or speeches (usually of the rant variety, but not always - and not from a pulpit!), I manage to emprint myself and a message of good upon someone else, I've changed the world... by one person. The fact is speech is my best gift... I'd be doing a disservice not to make use of it! (however, I'd admit on numerous occasions I do deserve to get a sock in the mouth!)
Greatest Weakness: Wow... this one is super tough for me. Not to say I don't have weakness, but there are so many!!! Speach as stated above sometimes does me harm, but for the most part I think of it as definetely a strenth... that I just wield without constraint!!! Personally, others may see this in me or not, my greatest weakness is to not commit, to shy from decisions and action. Too often in my past I'll simply get overwhelmed with the idea of accepting change, and simply enter a shell and let the world fly by. It sucks, I know I do it... still do... but I truly have the hardest time fighting it. The worst thing is the tendancy to regret... which I hate. I'll admit mistakes or wrongs, but I hate the feeling of regret entering my mind. On looking back, I've lost friends and opportunities (career, friendships, and otherwise) simply because I was afraid to act. I guess I've come to respect many people in certain ways I didn't respect before for what they did, simply because they have the strength to go and do it because it was hard, or unpopular... something I've struggled with in the past. The worst feeling is that life is flying by you, and you don't know how to stop it. Whatever, whenever I overcome the tendancy to back off, I get such a rush it is unbelievable. So hopefully, I can "lean into it" (a motto from the speaker at last year's youth rally) more often than not!
Wow... that still was long! I guess that doesn't surprise me...man, these could take awhile... time for a food break! Now here's a commercial from our sponsors! Later!
-CIG
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home