Monday, August 29, 2005

this should be interesting...

I need a new bed

My bed is a piece of garbage. The springs are all gone and crappy and I keep waking up insanely early if I go to bed before 1 am because my back feels like it is going to jump out of me and beat me for putting through so much pain. So, here I am posting at 7:30 in the morning. Awesome, totally awesome. In about 1.5 hours I'll be at church... getting paid for it for once :P Yes, today is my first day on the job. I really have no clue what to expect. Well, that's kinda a lie. I have a clue of what I need to organize, who to call, etc. I guess the main unkown is the daily interactions in the office scene especially with a coupla priests hanging around. I mean its cool talking to them on occasion, but the idea of FB being my boss is kinda weird. Well, I'll let ya know how things go. If worse comes to worse, I'll BS my way through my job till I know what I'm doing. So, really, its just another day in the life of me in that case. BS is a lifelong skill. :P

Its a tad windy in the morning...

Hurricane Katrina is on the way. Sucks to be Cajun. Hopefully people are safe and nothing too atrocious happens. Gotta love Cajun thinking though. Ok, we can't get out of the city, lets put them all in the superdome! Too bad there's reports sections of the roof have flown off. Hmmm, they might have thought to check that out BEFORE 100 mph winds came. Yikes. Surprisingly this all makes sense. Big O was a diaster; built by frenchies. Superdome falling apart: built by weirder frenchies. I'd act surprised, but quite frankly I'm not in the least. Big Easy is getting a big pounding. My mom threw in a nice tidbit that Katrina in german means "pure", purification anyone? Not to get biblical, but that's kinda ironic considering the town in question. Just a interesting tidbit...

I need to eat...

And I just remembered there's a sweet stash of my sister's almond cookies lying around. Yogurt, cookies, nesquick and new zealand apples... all you need to get a party going...

later alligators,

-CIG

PS - Ryan, you're an idiot. Turn your phone on (I'm one to talk). Secondly, I'm moderately proud and ashamed at the same time to know you actually started a conversation with, "so how bout that gaza strip?" Priceless, in that not so priceless way.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 a.m., Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

What can I say? I'm the man.

 
At 11:10 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Good luck! I'll be back in Calgary tomorrow, so I'll drop in and see how you're doing. Maybe buy you a welcome to the biz lunch. Oh yeah, and if you start showing up before 10 they're gonna start thinking I was a slacker... don't go makin me look bad.

 
At 4:08 p.m., Blogger The Irishman said...

ops, too late. my bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home