HVALA!
I totally dont miss you guys... like not even a bit...First off, im kidding. Secondly, there is gonna be some crazy mad typos because Bosnian Hergovinian keyboards are all wacked out. It is like they speak a different language over here... who woulda thunk it? Ok, I have 39 minutes and 1 second, so I better get on with it. Logic states I should start from the beginning and go chronologically, so as per tradition, I will completely be random in my thoughts. So, hold on, this is gonna be CRAZY!
Do you believe in magic... well I hope you do... la la la la la la la la la
Jesus is like... for real. Ive now been in mejugoria (Im too stressed right now to type things correctly so for simplicity sake Rome is known as Rdot, here is known a Mville, and germany will be referred to ctown. make sense? good). I think that in the 4 days ive been here ive seen like at least a half dozen. You might disbelieve certain testimonials as crazy, but were talking about me here! Nothing but the truth Baby! I wanted to recount this stories first to put into perspective my state of mind and heart right now and how lovely and enjoyable this experience is. This first miracle is what is called the miracle of the sun. During evening mass on wednesday held outside St. James, I remember praying and saying to God, "I dont need a miracle to believe, but it would be prettz cool if you could give me a sign of your mothers presence and provide me some inspiration to spread to the other younger youth who need to come to know you better. Well, I must have a good connection with heaven, because during the consecration I looked off to the moutains where the sun was about to set. Next thing I know I was staring right into the sun. And no blind spots when I looked away. The sun appeared to be in an elipse and rays of light were around it like a corona of a monstrance. In the center of the sun was a somewhat white disc that obviously represents the eucharist and began spinning and bouncing off the rim of the suns edge. I stared at it for awhole 5 minutes and touched steve (probaby the guz Im hanging out the most with and creating a great friendship with) and nodded my head silently towards the sun. He too saw it. I think we were the only ones to see it from our group before the sun peacefully and beautifully set behind the mountains. The best thing about these miracles is that there have been testimonies of them for 25 YEARS! Try and tell me its a con... you know the irish rage will strike. I dare ya!
the next night, after a beautiful confession and adoration, steve and I went to our room to sleep after hanging out with a group playing some games and just chilin for dinner. When I was in the washroom, steve went out onto our deck and looked at Mount Kreizivac (sp?) where the big cement cross is. When I came out I was like whats happening... all I got was "theres lights moving at the top of the mountain around the cross... there isnt any lights up there usually. After staring at it for 5 minuts and noticing lights dance in the air, great flashes that lit up the cross we woke up a couple of the girls and one of the leaders to come and see from our room (we were blessed to have a perfect view of the mountain). As I already knew from reading Wayn Weibles book about mejugore recounting some of the miracles of Mville, cecillia (the leader) confirmed my thoughts. This was a miracle, angels, a calling and beakon. Steve and I weighed our options. The last one... climb a couple of thousand feet in the pitch black doing the way of the cross on a mountain that is complete rock and treacherous to climb and follow the light. The moment I proposed this he was like, "thats the option I was waiting to here" So was I.... after viewing two red lights dance back and forth across the path where the stations are we designed a plan. Steve and I were going to go and sleep up there and view whatever was there and see the sunrise (something we had been thinking about anyways). Two of the girls, Meagan Lynch and Gillian Pickney (daughter of catherine our main leader) remained on our deck and keep one half of a two way radio so we could recount what we were seeing and vice versa. Calls us miracle busters. All the way to the mountain the two of us saw the lights flash... we blindedly walked the streets of mville without a clue where to go, but we werent worried. When we began to climb we heard a couple of voices. I guess others do come at night. We began to question our reasoning. Then, in a silent spot between the 3 and 4 stations I think, gillian sprang onto the two way saying that the two red lights were coming down the path and were basically right on top of us. We had been flashing our lights to report our position and compare the lights from the deck. At that moment both me and steve swung around in amazement and fear... but more of the unkown then evil or peril. Suddenly a wave of relief and knowing came across me. We were no longer scared. Steve and I agreed with what we had been too afraid to think before. There were angels in mville. And they were guiding us to where we needed to be. We had our guardian angels. Ive never felt more blessed than at that moment. Im running outta time here so to sum this one up we mad it to the moutnain by 430 and slept there with a wonderful view of the miles around us. Veery inspiring. We came down at 730 waking up to 1000 people at the summit around us taking pictures and looking at us with wonder. I guess we were the only ones called to the mountain. We recounted our story to our group at breakfast and you could see the change in their hearts... surely the two most level headed individuals wouldnt do something so rash without reason... but reason had nothing to do with it. It was a compelling desire, and need. When we got to the top all we could say is... were where mary wants us to be. It was amazing... nine minutes! $&"/#%&(#%%"%&
ok... real quick.... went to apparition hill to experience one with the visionary ivan. It poured cats and dogs... there was a thunder show so amazing youve never seen in your life. Yet none of us were scared. At one point, a gap in the clouds appeared and the sun shown on us. Then the clouds in the gap appeared to form to be the face of the virgin mary with a golden crown smiling down upon us. I was one of many who witness this. Other miracles to report are flashes of lightening in the shape of the rosary, flashes of light on cross mountain revealing the image of the virgin mary, a warm gust of wind when she came to ivan, and the smell of roses during and after she left. Trust me, these were all miraculous. There are no great gardens up at the blue crosss. Although we were sitting on rocks and mud,, i wouldnt change a thing. I dont think mville, roms or cdot will change me... but it has renewed my faith and given me the courage and the energy and the will to do what I need, God needs me to do. My onlz regret is that some of you are not here. This town is bustling with pilgrims and is so peaceful and beautiful. This is the way we should live. I cant bring mville back with me, but I can bring back the lifestyle and its message. Life is too short to fill up with the unimportant. Seize the daz they say
2 minutes!
quickly, send this to whoever needs it, eamonn... that means mom and them... I dont know if they read it or not. And Rome was sweet... the arwork is magnificant... st peters was breathtaking and it is horribly expensive. But the wine was spectacular! God bless and well see you soon!
-mloc
7 Comments:
Seconded.
That's awesome dude. I'm a bit of an apparition skeptic, but regardless of anyone else's opinion nothing can change that experience for you.
I wanna meet with you when you get back and hear your stories.
Um, that was Ryan Fox, from Colm's church. "The Fox", if you will. The Ryan who was drunk off his gourd (???) last night is "Man of the Century". YOU know!
Alas, no man of the century impersonators here. I'll have to throw in Fox somewhere in my comments to avoid confusion. Stupid common name
It shouldn't be a problem since I never post as "Ryan" anyway, but then again...
didn't we have this ryan vs. fox debate before? and phil and kyle. Its not a con. If you don't believe me, go and find out for yourself. Its a sweet country with nice beaches in croatia if you need bribing. That is all.
I have been researching Mejugoria recently, and when I saw "The Irishman Speaks and All Shall Listen," I felt called to read from this reliable source (an Irish instinct). I do believe in everything that you have written, as it has not been the first time I have seen and heard about this blessed place. I find all of the miracles quite moving, and it brings joy to my heart whenever I hear of someone's faith being brought back to life. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment
<< Home