A Post to End All Posts!
or... just another random update...So, how's life? That's good to hear ... me? Oh I'm just greeeeaaat! Well, I guess so. It is more of a "nothing overtly crappy has happened in the last 3 weeks to make my life miserable" therefore I must be great... or at least good. Great and good. It is settled then.
What's been going on you ask? Work. Lots of it. Things are going full tilt and its crazy to think Christmas is almost here. I still have to stop and think that it has already been 2.5 months since I came back from Europe. I get depressed just thinking about it. I want back, and I want back now! There may be more on the way sooner than I first thought. My sister's order is under the wing of the Christian Life Movement and they have decided to extent the invite the Pope gave them to their members family and friends to go to Rome for a World religious people Day... not sure if that's the proper name, but the idea is right. All orders and movements were invited by Pope Benedict to come to Rome for a huge faith celebration gathering in Rome in June. So, I might try to get over there if I can. There is so much in Rome and Italy I have yet to do. Anyone want to tag along?? Maybe I'll hang around for World Cup and go visit Cologne and Bohn again for some pints during World Cup. Money is an issue, but that'll figure itself out... or that's what I keep telling myself!
What else to say? Took a bus with Freddy from Holy Name and Bryana from Holy Spirit with about 40 kids up to Edmonton for the youth rally. It is funny this whole new world. The kids have a blast, I have a blast with the kids, yet all we seem to talk about afterwards amongst us leaders is how much went wrong and what we need to do next year. Silly silly. Happens everywhere in life. Sometimes we lose sight of the worth of something in its own being, at the exact moment of an event by worrying about things of the past of future. Personally, I always found life most fun living in the present. But maybe that's just me. Got me a little frustrated by some of my "seniors" and other coworkers telling me, "well, your new, it should be done this way". Screw that shit. It should be done whatever way God wants it done. Not what someone thinks or what someone says. I don't know, my kids had a blast and I could see them get something positive out of it. Sure, the music at the mass was completely inappropriate for the celebration and should addressed for next year, but don't tell me the Rally was horrible on that sole reason. If kids found Christ through some sweet music then good on them. I'm not about to burst that bubble. Man, I was so tired after that day. Up at 430, back at 2 AM. Ouch. Don't recommend doing that everyday of the week. Didn't help I didn't sleep the night before... yeah, maybe that made it feel like I was bouncing in a dryer for a couple of hours before getting on the bus.... all in all, sweet time.
I can't read anymore. I haven't gone jacques demers on you guys, it is more I can't focus on a book for any length of time. It is driving me nuts. There is a bunch of sweet books I want to read, and I have about 10 on the go. i figure this is the problem. I'm totally a 1 book at a time kind of guy, but I uber interested in multiple books, that I try to dab a bit into each. I think that's killed my focus, so now when I try to read a book straight for three days, my mind wanders off all the time. This is freaking annoying. Also could do with the fact my only spare time to read happens to be at night, where it used to be the opposite. Anywho, I'll be off here in a minute to try to finish off one of the 10 I got going (Freakonomics for those interested - totally sweet by the way) and move on to a second reading of Catcher in the rye. After that I'm on to Arms of Love by Carmen Marcoux, which is about Chastity and Courtship in the modern world. Suppose to be awesome. I'll let you know for those who are not interested. It is how I roll.
Saw Doom with Pat last week, surprised at how much it didn't suck - in relation to my expectations (ie. a complete and total waste of my time), close, but not quite. However, it is not even near to being as funny as History of Violence. That's right... funny...
And go listen to Cross Movement... a totally killer cowaboration group doing some sweet rap. Yes they drop the God and Jesus words... shocking I know... but trust me, still sweet. And to all those interested, should get tickets from me to see Tony Melendez at st. pats on Nov. 17th at 7PM. He's a cool dude with a great story, he has no arms and plays the guitar with his feet. No n00b, that's for sure...
Anyways, that's all I got. Later alligators.
-CIG
4 Comments:
Yeah, I saw posters advertising that guitar guy when I was doing security for the old folk's home last week. Basically that sort of advertising strategy turns me off, so I don't think I'll attend.
"Basically that sort of advertising strategy turns me off, so I don't think I'll attend." = weak sauce. This isn't KKK or Nazi propaganda or something Tay. It is a dude doing a concert for all ages... public facilities and residences usually have bulletin boards for that kind of thing... cuz people are interested and like to see what's going on... if you're not into it for whatever reason, say it. Don't blame the corkboard.
:P
-c
"No arms" you say? I kind of want to go, but I have a habit of saying things at concerts that I probably shouldn't say. I'll get back to you closer to the 17th if that's cool with you.
As for the rap thing, rappers have is history of taking about Jesus and God in their music. Kanye West wrote an entire song about Jesus and his ability to walk... maybe. I actually don't have any idea what that song is really about, but I know he referances God and Jesus several times. There are also some pretty awesome Muslim rappers who referance Allah a lot.
Man, you make fun of the target demographic for an armless guitarist, and people just jump right down your throat.
Post a Comment
<< Home