Whoa, has it been a month?
MAN, I REMEMBER THE TIMES WHEN I POSTED 3 TIMES A WEEK!Ok, maybe not. But I've definetely been on a major blogging slump. I'm not sure why. I've been fairly busy, yes, with work. But, not unusally so. I am consistently lazy in my lifestyle and haven't taken up exercise past the level of my casual walks every day and required physical exertion to get by with everyday things. So, why the lack of posts? I got nothing. I used to be good for a rant a week on some situation or another, but I seem to have mellowed out, or, maybe I've ranted about all I wish to. As hard as this is to believe let us point to here for evidence. Not sticking up for Bono, is the end of the world upon us? Maybe, maybe not.
HEY, ITS TIME TO RE-ELECT SOME CRIMINALS... I MEAN POLITICIANS!
Fear not, with a new ridiculous and pointless election campaign coming up, I'm sure Tay and I will have a few good rounds on politics over some Egg Nog this season. Surprise though, I might not be defending who you think I would. The old schoolers of Model Parliament must be shocked. And Ivan isn't even around for me to beat up with the Mace. I'm sure I can find a fill in somewhere. I have to say the idea of Team Quebec by Duceppe was definetely unique, and no, I'm not a Bloc supporter, but you got to admit, it'd be interesting. I mean, what better way to solve political debate than our national pastime? I give the edge to Quebec with their goaltending and Lemieux. I also think Quebec should get the Maritimes, because no one else wants them... and we'd get a guy named Sidney Crosby who basically grew up in Quebec. I vote for Patty Roy as coach, with Ron Hextall on the other side. They'd have a good stick swinging fight over the glass. It would be epic ... you wait and see! I mean, we all know Bobby Clarke and the 72 series scared the Russians and turned the tide of the Cold War, right? That's right, Bobby Clarke and the late GREAT JP2 ended the Cold War.
Now that I'm sure to have stirred the pot a bit, let's move on to something much more interesting.
THE WEATHER
It sucks.
OTHER STUFF
I need to get off my butt and put Office onto here. But I rarely type or do anything processing wise on my laptop these days, but I miss blogging from Word. That was cool. Maybe that's what is causing me not to post!!! Probably not, but I'm going to run with that excuse.
Chronicles of Narnia is almost out and I'm all pumped up. I'm actually going to take kids from church to see it and do a night on it! Call me christian fiction geek, but C.S. Lewis wrote some pretty awesome stuff, and this series is right up there. I mean, Aslan is Jesus! What! That's so crazy, I never guessed! Ok, maybe it is a little obvious, but that doesn't mean it isn't a solid story. And this version of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe definetely should be cooler than the 70's/80's one. I'm glad the producer stuck mostly to the story and didn't transplant the kids into modern California in an Earthquake scenario instead of a game of hide and sneak in war torn WW2 suburbia London. There were rumors to that effect back early on. Thank Heaven's they stopped the drugs... nice to see some quality, well written stories get onto the big screen as well with good messages (christian or not). This book for our family and many others was Theology for idiots... I mean children.
I'm still waiting for a cool modern day version of 1984, Lord of the Flies, and To Kill a Mockingbird. Eventually, someone will step up to the plate and bring these classics to the modern screen or TV. Speaking of TV, I think there's a CBS special on JP2 tonight, so I'll hafta see how they do. I'm very worried it may come off tres cheesy, with that Hollywood dude playing his part. We shall see. If you got the time, try and watch it, even just for the Story of this great man, poet, philosopher, leader, politician, and oh yeah... the Greatest Pope Ever.... truly a remarkable life worth getting to know.
TONY MELENDEZ
Can't remember if I told some of you about the concert, but it was sweet. And Tay, I didn't see too many old people and disabled at the concert protesting his advertising strategy, so I guess you're alone on that one. He was totally sweet, and his band is seriously TALENTED! I was telling ryan the drummer used to drum for Ray Charles, and although not blind, definetely has adopted the head waving technique. The guy was nuts, he played on a electric piano a bassline with one hand, and used his other on the drumset or bongos at the same time... oh yeah, and had a killer voice. Skills people, the man had skills. Not to ignore Tony's ability which is remarkable, but I'd seen him a couple times and this drummer was just captivating. For 12 bucks, might rank up there on the all time best "bang for your buck" concert.
Anywho, I had some other stuff to say and I'm getting sick and need to take a nap.
Later all
-CIG
5 Comments:
You kept mentioning "JP2" in your post. What the hell does that mean? Jurassic Park 2? Actually, I guess it would be pretty neat for Hollywood to do a modernized version of that movie. I don't know who they'd ever get to replace the late great Jeff Goldblum. He was in Inependance Day.
I really hope you honestly are being sarcastic... I'm pretty sure that, " Greatest Pope Ever.." kinda would clear up any confusion certain people may have. I'm of course speaking about the late Pope John Paul II. I know your aiming to get the award for the quickest and the most sarcastic comment, don't we all, but, if you slowed down your rush to comment and actually read, you'd probably know the answer to your question. On second thought, I hope you aren't being sarcastic and are just plain oblivious, it'd be easier to accept. Comparing a Saint to a movie is kinda ridiculous and insulting. Scratch the kinda, more like blatently. Next time you got a smart line to use, think about what you're saying before you say it and avoid insulting people or presenting an image of yourself towards others you might later regret. You might deem it funny and witty, but I know I'm not the only one that would say it falls flat of funny, and lands on ignorance and disrespect.
And please don't write me off with the standard, "relax, I make one joke about the Pope", or "where's your sense of humor" garbage. The fact is, most people think I'm a funny guy, and last time I checked, my sense of humor hasn't gone anywhere. I'm not out to convert you if you don't want to listen to my opinions, fine, I'm cool with that. You know, you're a pretty solid guy, and most of the time I get along easy. But I think you need to hear this:
You're not funny. You're disrespectful and ignorant sometimes.
If you're cool with that, whatever man. I'm just calling it the way I see it. I admit I'm just as volatile and emotional as anyone else. But this is sincere. I'm not doing it to burn you or snap back. I'm not into that anymore. But I have to say Pirates are a million times cooler than Ninja's... that's just a fact, or why else would the Pope have a Pirate Hat? :P
-The Irishman
Wow, that was very... overt. I'm just going to throw a blanket apology out there, and say "sorry" for hitting a nerve there. Then I'm going to back away slowly, not making any sudden movements.
C'mon Kyle, haven't you heard the old saying?
"Fighting on the internet is just like playing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."
Of course, in the special olympics, they're much more politically correct. They use terms like "retardedly abled", and "differently tarded".
Um, while I'm generally down w/ JP2 (the Pope kind, not the movie.) (Actually, I don't think I've seen the movie, I really can't say.) (Of course, I didn't really see much of the late Pope either, but I'm still generally down him) (Hey, are you supposed to capitalize the "h" in "him" when referring to the Pope? For real, I wanna know ....)
Woah, where was I? Oh right: Although I'm generally down w/ JP2, I hafta say that I think Tay is a pretty funny guy. Whatever offense he may have provoked here with his comment... that doesn't erase his overall funniness. Not in my books anyway.
Oh, and Jeff Goldblum's not dead is he?!?! That would suck. He's kind of a funny guy too.
Post a Comment
<< Home