The Birthday Post
Hey all!Happy Birthday to me! I wanted to post in the last week or two, but I have seriously been retardly busy. We're talking 60 hour week minimum and stuff. It was good times, but by the time I got home all I wanted to do was sleep and watch sports highlights. So, now I figure a mellow day at the office on my birthday is as good a time as any to post. So, what's new? Lots probably, but only a few things come to mind...
My Age:
I'm like older. Who knew. Whoopi to 23. Its one of those useless ages where as far as I know doesn't come with any new responsibilities or privilidges. I could always make something up I guess. I'm really very lazy when it comes to birthdays. I mean, I guess its reason to celebrate, but I really wasn't too responsible for it when we get down to it. As Eamonn would say, "way to be born". But, being Irish, I'm not going to turn down some food and drinks with friends and family. That'd be just silly. So, I guess we'll do something tonight. Start at the Bull and see where we go. I'm easy. The weird thing this year is Brenda, our secretary, shares my birthday. So, I had to share my cake. That was tough to do. I'm all upons the birthday cake, so that was a bit of an adjustment. We figure if we average our ages we'd both be at the perfect age and the prime of our lives. So that's cool I guess.
March Madness:
Its coming... I'm serious this year. I WILL win. I have to. This is just getting ridiculous losing by 5 points every year. You suck jon, adam and anyone else who has ever beaten me. So, this is a call to start thinking about people we can get into the pool. Coworkers, you name it. I got a priest and a semanarian lined up... who you got? Adam, the herald has to be a good ground for a couple folk. Ryan, how about that hot coworker? Or anyone who knows nothing about bball and is an easy 10 bucks. We want the pot LARGE this year. It'll be good times. March is a mellow time for me besides retreats... so I'm flexible when it comes to watching the games. I'm pretty sure a conversation with my parents will go something like this:
Dad: Colm, you going to work today?
Colm: Its March dad... No...No I'm not.
Dad: You haven't gone in the last two weeks
Colm: So what? March Madness pops, deal with it.
Dad: Oh, you're going to watch bball and watch my teams win again?
Colm: Screw you
Dad: You suck
Dad: Bring it.
Colm: Whatever, get us some beers
Dad: Fine. Pass the remote
Should be good times. In other news... my mom leaves the 26th, followed by my pops on the 29th to Europe in May. They're gone until late july or something. Party at my house for a month. World Cup will always be on no matter the time change. If there's a game, my house is available. The kegs roll in on the 30th. Goooood Times. Maybe even some firepit action if we don't blow it up. Then again, its been too freaking warm to freeze or crack the pipes.
Olympics:
I love the olympics. Too bad all the live action is at weird morning hours. I used to be cool with that, but my nightowl ways are slowly falling to the wayside. Either way, we all need to watch some of the hockey games. Can't wait man. I'm mostly angry Dion didn't get named. What bull. I mean Bouwemeester is a sweet skater but hell, Dion is a MONSTER! Meh... we'll still win... as long as Iggy doesn't shoot in the shootout... he just sucks at them...
Other News:
I agree with Tay. Singalongs and Lullabies by JJ is totally sweet. A few blatent kiddy songs, but still totally a good album. Don't act like you don't singalong to the 3R's! Its educational too!
Well, that's all I got for now. I have a few other things on my mind, but I need to hook myself up with some bday chocolate right now. Later kids.
-CIG
12 Comments:
Happy Birthday Colm! See ya at the party tonight.
Happy Birthday, Colm! Welcome to 23. It is an age.
Hope you got hella ripped and had a jolly ol' time! If you have any left, birthday cake makes an excellent breakfast.
Colm had a good buzz going.
"Colm had a good buzz going." = Understatement I think.
-c
Was he rolling around, giggling like a gleeful piglet?
not quite... but if I coulda sang in my state I probably was close to ripping out some Shine Jesus Shine pretty soon. You know!
You were probably past ripping out the church songs, at least in my humble opinion.
you might be right.
maybe a pirate song with rum and coke in hand though....
A pirate for Christ.
But being the good people they are, the S Club has often offered to "show us how." How selfless and noble...
Um, so, whenever I come home next, could we please throw a "everybody's birthday that I've missed in the past X months" Party? And get so drunk we start singing in parking lots again?
Because I miss that. I really do.
In fact, I think I'm going to start drinking RIGHT NOW to ease the pain of separation.
Post a Comment
<< Home