Thursday, September 30, 2004

Ch - Ch - Check It Out!

Abrams, M. H. A Glossary of Literary Terms
Babbitt, Natalie. Tuck Everlasting
Bourgeois, Paulette. Franklin in the Dark
David, Alfred, and Mary Elizabeth Meek, eds. The Twelve Dancing Princesses and Other Fairy Tales
George, Jean Craighead. Julie of the Wolves
Hautzig, Esther. The Endless Steppe
Jacobs, Joseph, ed. English Fairy Tales
Kipling, Rudyard. Just So Stories
Kogawa, Joy. Naomi’s Road
Lee, Dennis. Alligator Pie
Le Guin, Ursula. The Tombs of Atuan
Lewis, C. S. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
MacDonald, George. The Princess and the Goblin
Milne, A. A. Winnie-the-Pooh
Montgomery, L. M. Anne of Green Gables
Munsch, Robert N. The Paper Bag Princess
Opie, Iona, and Peter Opie, eds. Puffin Book of Nursery Rhymes
Paterson, Katherine. The Great Gilly Hopkins
Paulsen, Gary. Hatchet
Potter, Beatrix. The Tale of Peter Rabbit
Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
Russell, David L. Literature for Children
Richler, Mordecai. Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang
Sendak, Maurice. Where the Wild Things Are
Sutcliff, Rosemary. The Eagle of the Ninth
Tolkien, J. R. R. The Hobbit
White, E. B. Charlotte's Web

What is this list you say? How about my freaking reading list for my english class! WooHoo! English for Children Lit! Booya! Independant style too boot. And... although I paid double, I guess it counts for six credits through athabasca (10 ala u of c) and is transferrable to St. Marys... I'm still pondering going over there. I tell ya, Colm can never make up his mind. But for now I got my WW2 class to deal with as well. Sweet thing about the english class is that it only has like 3 essays and a midterm and final. None of this daily journal reflection crap we get nailed with in the classroom. Just the meat, the way I like it!

On other random notes while I download music from my itunes to my ipod, I have added links to two of my friends. Fox is Ryan Fox, a guy I've known through church and retreats and stuff and is the Youth Ministry at my parish right now. Ryan is the guy who lived in Ireland for a year and visits there more than me, and probably can claim to know another colm which most people cannot. He also has a way better irish accent (albeit fake although very realistic... he's even gotten the drunken threats down!). We do lots together through retreats and those jr. high youth nights which usually ends up with me, ryan, and one of the lyster boys playing video games and watching family guy... good times, although I bailed this week... too freaking tired... I just found out he had a blog... actually, I knew he had it from passing comments, but now I found it through my second friend, allison.

She is also a friend through "the churchie crew". She sings in the evening choir on sundays and went to WYD with me, and that Youth Leader Retreat thing... she's cool, musical, artsy and all that jazz, and loves coffee which explains why she works so darn much at Second Cup! When she's not drinking coffee, she's doodling away at school at Mount Royal last time I checked.... That's basically all you need to know about allison :P

Anywho, the music is done downloading, and I'm hungry. I'm also bored. I'll come back later when I have something interesting to say. Sooo... don't hold your breath.

-CIG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home