Ever Wondered?
Ever wondered how the simplest decisions or acts can affect your life? I mean, we hear it all the time, but it is so true when you look back at stuff. I'm not going all emo or posting a long list of regrets, but I was wondering the last few days and its cool to realize what REALLY determines who we are, and where we are. I mean, I can consciously point to a car ride, an english class in grade 7 with Mr. Donovan, and 1 week of finals in University to explain much of where I am today. Ok, some might think that's a little too simplistic, but I'm serious. I was reading an article on Time Management and Procrastination last week or so since I'm brutal with my time! There was one statement in that article that I really liked, and couldn't believe how true it is. The just of it was that quite often we do 80% of our work in 20% of the time we devout to our daily tasks. That's freaking nuts. Ok, I just typed this chunk in 2 minutes... I was planning on writing for 10, so I'll just chill and play solitaire for 7-8 minutes before signing this thing off... seems silly, but that's basically what we do with our time. Most of the time we probably do this without even realizing it! That's what drives me nuts so much. We blow away time without realizing it. The worse thing I find is that I may recognize this fact of life, but have an impossible time breaking this habit! Anywho, the point of this whole time management tangent is as bad as we use our time, it can be spun in an almost positive manner. The fact we do 80% of what we do in such a short time means we have the ability to do so much! I hear people saying all the time, "If only I had time to go on Vacation" or, "Life's too short to take a year off!". I get very annoyed by this. I have a habit of saying the exact same thing too! The fact is, life is as long or short as we want it to be. Life doesn't restrict what we can do, it is we who restrict ourselves. So to reflect as I did on what really mattered and affected you in life up to know and how long it took isn't negative or emo... its like a life check up. I think its good to make a list of what we did, what we were doing, and what we want to do. I don't expect the want to do list to ever get done, but it'd be nice to see how much of a dent in it. Make it long, crazy, and give yourself some goals in life. It'll make it that much more sweeter if you GET R DONE.Anyways, this was an old thought of mine I had lying around that I decided to post. So, yah. I'll continue the last 3 months of my life in a bit. Oh yeah, this is like the last hurray for my blogger blog. I'm in the process of setting up a simple (not fancy) website we iWeb so I'm gonna be going over there. I may post here everyone once in a blue moon, but I figure this is coming to an end. I may keep this as more my personal rant off space and having the other one a bit more ministered centered and log some of my talks and stuff. So if you red with rage with some of my religious talk, you may want to stick with this one.... I hope that isn't that many people... but I figure its fair warning. It is who I am. I'm not going to hide it. Just like tay's warning about that video link, much appreciated. But, I kinda wish you did the spoiler text for that hotdog thing too... that is freaking nuts... I'm just not gonna go there... not like you invented it. K, that's it for now.
-mloc
1 Comments:
Wow man, it sounds like you've been busy. Or trying to be busy, at least. I'm not sure I agree with you on your time management philosophy, but I can certainly respect wanting to be able to get more done in a day. For a contrasting viewpoint to all your "get 'r done" broo-ha-ha, You might want to check out The Underachiever's Manifesto. It's a little book that they sell at the counter in McNally Robinson. If anything, it should give you a good laugh.
Post a Comment
<< Home